PG Music Home
Posted By: Matt Finley Build #350 Beta is available - 04/25/12 07:21 PM
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#350

Some good technical fixes.

Note also that the announcement is made in the first sticky, but only the thread title was changed; that thread is about Build #349.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/25/12 08:17 PM
thanks Matt
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/25/12 08:25 PM
PS verified by PG Music Support:

You can install this update over the audiophile version. It affects only the core program.
Posted By: jford Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/25/12 08:41 PM
Thanks, Matt. Downloading now.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/25/12 09:46 PM
I can vouch for this added feature which I just tested:

Added: Band-in-a-Box can now load more types of audio files for loops (unusual .wav formats etc.).

It successfully loaded my loops that had failed in beta testing back in December. Those particular commercially marketed loops are (I think) 24-bit .WAV files, and I previously had to convert them to MP3 files to use them in BIAB. Too tedious. Now they load right in, which saves a lot of time.

Anything that requires less fiddling and gives more time to creativity is a terrific improvement!
Posted By: seeker Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/26/12 03:39 AM
Matt,

Thanks for the heads up, your in the groove as usual.

Again thank you,
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/26/12 02:27 PM
If I install the update and it doesn't work for me as regards my speech software is there a way of going back to the previous update with out having to reinstall BIAB again?

Tim
Posted By: Mac Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/27/12 01:21 PM
Quote:

If I install the update and it doesn't work for me as regards my speech software is there a way of going back to the previous update with out having to reinstall BIAB again?

Tim

Hi Tim,

Whenever you do an update, BB creates a Backup folder that has the older versions in it. These can be used to "revert" back if desired.

That said, in all these years I've never had an update do something so bad that I needed to use the backup feature.

--Mac
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/27/12 02:25 PM
cool, I wasn't aware of the backup feature.
Thanks much Mac.

Tim
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Build #350 Beta is available - 04/27/12 04:35 PM
For anyone who has been with BIAB for a few years, there is an opportunity to go to the backups and delete the older ones to recover a little space. You only really need to hold on to a version or two to be safe. At this point, for example, holding on to the whole /BB/bb2011_backup folder or earlier doesn't make a lot of sense. Likewise, I keep my downloaded update files in a folder and periodically delete the older ones. Those update files do take up a lot of space.
© PG Music Forums