PG Music Home
Posted By: Edward Buckley iPad, Auria and Real tracks... - 08/08/12 11:27 PM
Hi Folks,

I am SO blown away by the new iPad 3, and the 48 track seq app called Auria. I have been using it with the Apogee One usb interface, its just awesome. What I'm wondering: Is anyone using this setup, or maybe
Garageband, with the RTs from BIAB?? If so, how do you get your RTs into the iPad?? I can do it with the USB flash drive using the camera kit, but it takes forever, there has to be an easier way. Maybe some of you are up/downloading from Cloud, if so please let me know how you do it!

Thanks so much.
Ed
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: iPad, Auria and Real tracks... - 08/09/12 05:03 AM
That looks like a cool app. Here's the deal from the blurb for Auria:

Bring in audio from iTunes. Or sessions from Pro Tools, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer or other DAWs via AAF import.

AAF is Apple's audio format. You would have to take Biab generated RT/RD parts and somehow convert them to AAF then import them into Auria. I just did a quick Google search on converting to AAF and nothing came up. Lots of hits going the other way but not to AAF. Maybe the guys in the Mac forum can help with that question.

Bob
Posted By: Bassus Re: iPad, Auria and Real tracks... - 02/09/20 05:45 PM
I save my real tracks individually as mp4s on my laptop desktop, plug my iPad in and drag the files into Auria through iTunes. Very fast transfer. I presume other saved formats could be dragged similarly
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: iPad, Auria and Real tracks... - 02/09/20 08:31 PM
I also have the Auria Pro. I have not used it on my newest iPad generation 6. My older iPad really struggled with it because it is very powerful app. I noticed you are using a iPad 3 which they recommend at least a iPad 4 or better using iOS 6.1 or later.
It does support dropbox which is what I use with my OnSong app. This might be a easy way for you upload the files to dropbox and import them in that way.
Also I noticed Auria Pro introduces support for iOS-compatible external hard drives. Using Auria Pro's new Save Project to other App feature allows you to backup and restore your Auria projects to external media with just a few taps. This is how a friend of mine transfers lots of files from his computer to his iPad.
© PG Music Forums