PG Music Home
Posted By: bupper real tracks demo index with key indicated - 11/01/12 07:12 AM
I was just wondering if an index list of all real tracks demos existed, & more importantly showed whech key the demo is in. This would show which key PGMusic thought was the best for each style & therefore make it easier to choose a style in the key of our songs.

thanks
bupper
Posted By: Mac Re: real tracks demo index with key indicated - 11/01/12 02:52 PM
I know of no such list, although there might be one.

More importantly, the assumption that there is a "best key" is erroneous, since the introduction of the Elastique audio stretch engine a few versions back.

Use any key you like and all should still sound fine.

--Mac
Posted By: bupper Re: real tracks demo index with key indicated - 11/01/12 05:43 PM
well, basically you are right Mac, BUT, sonically there are differences that start to appear. not so much if its only to do demos but if you're making a cd track then some keys are not that useable & as such a different style nearer the same key is more advisable. Hence my enquiry into if this list existed. Surely it would be very easy for PGMusic just to make a list like this available

bupper
Posted By: Mac Re: real tracks demo index with key indicated - 11/01/12 05:48 PM
I've not encountered a key change that did that.

Might be good if you could post some examples of what you report.

--Mac
Unless I'm very much mistaken RealTracks are not recorded in only one key...
Posted By: Mac Re: real tracks demo index with key indicated - 11/03/12 02:29 PM
Quote:

Unless I'm very much mistaken RealTracks are not recorded in only one key...

Realtracks were at one time recorded in several keys each, but since the advent of the Elastique audio stretch engine, that is no longer necessary, there now is only one RealTrack that covers all 12 keys.

You may still have some RealTracks that were recorded in the several keys, however, leftover from previous version installs, and they work just as well, but the last few versions have had only one "raw" Realtrack file per RealTrack.

The Elastique engine is able to "stretch" that one file to any of the 12 keys without introducing artifacts or other things detrimental to audio.

--Mac
Posted By: bupper Re: real tracks demo index with key indicated - 11/03/12 05:25 PM
sorry Mac but I beg to disagree, anything moved over 1 whole tone introduces artifacts & this is more obvious in wma than in the audiophole versions & this is what brings me back to wanting a list with the keys noted in each demo
Posted By: DrDan Re: real tracks demo index with key indicated - 11/03/12 05:44 PM
Quote:

...anything moved over 1 whole tone introduces artifacts

Just don't sound right. I move keys all the time and have not heard this. Can you provide an audio example or identify specific RTs where you can hear this artifact?
Posted By: seeker Re: real tracks demo index with key indicated - 11/03/12 05:56 PM
I asked a parallel question while back bout instrument NOTE ranges.

Got a good answer, bookmarked and could not find it.
Somewhere within BIAB there is a window that shows the typical note ranges.

The following link is for Vocal and instrument NOTE ranges.
http://solomonsmusic.net/insrange.htm

Also "lotta" charts.
https://www.google.com/search?q=instrume...249&bih=751

Also in creating a song, its important to not leave the tempo range for
the RT's. I did this on one arrangement sometime ago and this was pointed out
to me. Tiny artifacts appeared. Or ah-eared.....

Good luck!
© PG Music Forums