PG Music Home
Posted By: sax80 shots - 05/11/13 12:54 PM
While using RT C.. doesn't work. Tried it with a Medalist song works ok. A little help. BIAB 2013
Posted By: Mac Re: shots - 05/11/13 01:14 PM
Not enough info.

**Which RT?

**Do you have the Shots and Holds file for that particular RT?

**Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest Patch Update to the program, too.

**There also may be a "Shots and Holds" update that you may have missed downloading and installing, as well.

--Mac
Posted By: RickeG Re: shots - 05/11/13 04:35 PM
Hi Mac,
How do you know if the RT contains shots & holds? I thought they were all capable of doing this.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: shots - 05/11/13 05:07 PM
Assuming you are up to date on your patches, one of which was for Holds, then you can see a Holds column over to the right in the RealTrack picker. A number in that column indicates there are holds available. Most RealTracks do have holds, except for the Soloists.
Posted By: jford Re: shots - 05/11/13 05:28 PM
Peter may have to answer, but I thought on the rhythm RT's obeyed the shots/holds; not the soloist RT's. But I could be wrong.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: shots - 05/11/13 05:49 PM
We're saying the same thing, John, I think. The soloist RealTracks have no Holds in the Hold column, so they can't obey the holds in the song.

I don't know what the OP means by a "Medalist song" so maybe I'm missing something.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: shots - 05/11/13 05:59 PM
Hi Sax80 and Ricke,

Please have a look at the image below to see the column that Matt is referring to.

In the Realtrack Picker, use the bottom scroll bar (#1) to scroll right. The column (#2) may simply be an "H..". If this is the case, hover over the right edge of the column in the title bar until the mouse cursor becomes a black, vertical bar that has a double-headed horizontal arrow across its middle (#3). Once that cursor is obtained, hold the left mouse button down and drag the column to the right. This will widen the text display.

Note: By clicking the mouse on the "#" heading (shown below), it's possible to arrange the tracks in numerical order. This might make it easier to find the track you need to.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Matt and John, I've noticed that some Soloists do have holds/shots but most do not. Conversely, most Rhythm tracks do have numbers in the "Holds" column. By clicking on the "Holds" header, it's easy to sort this column numerically and to group the tracks that have no number(s) in this column and thus no shots/holds.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: shots - 05/11/13 07:30 PM
Yep. That's why I said "most" in my first post. I had also sorted on the Holds column to check this. But you make a good clarification.

It's really a very solid list that do have Holds. PG Music did a good job here over the last few years going back and filling in the holes.
© PG Music Forums