PG Music Home
Hello, i need some tips.
I've installed 2014 biab on the Asus transformer book (laptop + tablet), with all installation files on the tablet and all real tracks and drums on the laptop, which has a larger hard drive.
I would like being able to play my arrangements also by just the tablet, but of course it is not possible, even if real tracks were frozen in the arrangements.
For what i've found up to now, the only way to do that is to make a copy of the arrangements folder, and to make an audio file of each song, then importing these audio in songs copies.
Is there a quicker way?
Thank you for replies!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Playing real tracks... without real tracks - 02/02/14 06:49 PM
I have been running into the same issue as I move arrangements form my desktop to the new Surface Pro 2. What you are suggesting is to render the song to mp3/wav. This will indeed bring the whole song over, but you will lose the biab features. unfortunately, at this time this is the best option short of buying a big portable drive to load everything for the laptop/tablet.

I have been thinking of going to the wish list and asking for a utility which "copies the RT's along with the BIAB file". This would permit any RT used in a specific song to be copied over when the song is copied over. Like a Move BIAB Song with RT's to different Disk command.

Originally Posted By: jazzmandan

I have been thinking of going to the wish list and asking for a utility which "copies the RT's along with the BIAB file". This would permit any RT used in a specific song to be copied over when the song is copied over. Like a Move BIAB Song with RT's to different Disk command.

Or - maybe - an option for creating temporary audio files when tracks are frozen.
Posted By: rharv Re: Playing real tracks... without real tracks - 02/02/14 08:53 PM
"short of buying a big portable drive to load everything"

It comes with one .. might just need a power adapter/supply if wanting to use with the tablet. Normally the USB supplies power, but on a tablet this would be an issue, however the drives I've received in the past also had a power connection for an external power source.

The new 2014 drive doesn't appear to have one, but older (previous) drives do. May be able to re-use one for the intended purpose.
short of buying a big portable drive to load everything for the laptop/tablet.

This is not suitable for the transformer book though, cause the usb ports are built beside the keyboard.

Posted By: rharv Re: Playing real tracks... without real tracks - 02/02/14 09:46 PM
thanks for that tidbit of information. Could be important.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Playing real tracks... without real tracks - 02/02/14 10:04 PM
Originally Posted By: TheSpanish

This is not suitable for the transformer book though, cause the usb ports are built beside the keyboard.

Are you saying the unit does not have a standard USB port to hook an external drive?
Posted By: Mac Re: Playing real tracks... without real tracks - 02/02/14 10:14 PM
Adaptors are readily available for quite a few of the Transformer models...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-Pin-to-Dual-U...=item2335a3b971

--Mac
Can you open the SGU in RealBand save it as SEQ this will have all the audio and midi tracks embedded in it then just use RB to play it on the tablet ???
Posted By: Mac Re: Playing real tracks... without real tracks - 02/03/14 12:17 AM
Originally Posted By: solidrock
Can you open the SGU in RealBand save it as SEQ this will have all the audio and midi tracks embedded in it then just use RB to play it on the tablet ???

That would likely chew up hard drive space more rapidly than installed RealTracks would.

--Mac
Originally Posted By: Mac
That would likely chew up hard drive space more rapidly than installed RealTracks would. --Mac

Can you fit +-150meg on the tablet or say 10 songs +-1.5gig ?

Are you saying the unit does not have a standard USB port to hook an external drive?

Sorry, by unit you mean the tablet? If so, no it hasn't.
Posted By: Mac Re: Playing real tracks... without real tracks - 02/03/14 02:26 PM
USB Adaptors are readily available for quite a few of the Transformer models...

--Mac
Adaptors are readily available for quite a few of the Transformer models...

--Mac

Thank you for information Mac (good to know) but my goal for now is to take the tablet on a music stand, so it would be better keeping free of other devices, although newest hard drives are so little sized.

Thank you for information Mac (good to know) but my goal for now is to take the tablet on a music stand, so it would be better keeping free of other devices, although newest hard drives are so little sized.

That's what I thought you might want to do, that's why I suggested using Realband, it should work fine just using the SEQ file on the tablet.
Edit: also in RB you can just have one track that has the music (mixdown of the multitracks) so the SEQ will be only about 30meg.

You can have full screen chord window:

Originally Posted By: solidrock
also in RB you can just have one track that has the music (mixdown of the multitracks) so the SEQ will be only about 30meg.

I haven't used real band yet but will try your advice too, thanks
© PG Music Forums