PG Music Home
Hi guys,

I know how the ghosting function should work.

What is the step by step on getting this important feature to work ????

If I could get this thing to work it would cut my backing track production to half the time. Being that I build most of my backing tracks from scratch in order to get them to sound just like or better than the original.

I need to be able to see both the BASS NOTES and DRUM NOTES at the same time.
Doesn't matter which instrument's notes are ghosting.

Can some one help ?

Thanks!
Hello...

Does no one here use the "ghost" feature in the piano roll ?
PG Music Mods ????
Posted By: solidrock Re: "Ghosting" Feature In BIAB Piano Roll - 03/12/14 11:06 AM
Might be easier doing what you want in Realband.
Posted By: Mac Re: "Ghosting" Feature In BIAB Piano Roll - 03/12/14 01:34 PM
Ghost button in PianoRoll is not working here on any of the MIDI based Styles I just tested, either.

Band in a Box 2014, build 381

We need a few more users to check on it at their end, but this is most likely a bug of some sort.

--Mac
Posted By: megafiddle Re: "Ghosting" Feature In BIAB Piano Roll - 03/12/14 05:25 PM
I am using 2013.

On mine, "Ghost" doesn't seem to do anything at all unless a specific channel is selected,
ie, "All" is not selected as the channel.

With a specific channel selected, the "ghosted" notes will appear when one of the instruments
is selected with the B, D, P, G, etc buttons. Selecting one of these instruments also changes
the channel number to the channel used for that instrument. Then a new channel number can be
selected, leaving the "ghosted" notes for the previously selected instrument on the display.

I am guessing the purpose is to edit a new track while viewing an existing instrument track.
It doesn't seem to allow two instruments at once. Only one instrument for "ghost" notes, and
one track for editing.
(not sure if I am using the term "track" correctly here)

Anyway, that's all I can figure out. Also I found this under "Help":

"- Ghost display. When viewing a single channel, notes on other channels can be ghost-displayed in light gray."

-
Posted By: Mac Re: "Ghosting" Feature In BIAB Piano Roll - 03/12/14 08:53 PM
Yes, that is what the Ghost feature is supposed to do.

And it did work in 2013.

So far, two of us have now reported that it is not working in BB2014, though.

--Mac
Posted By: Noel96 Re: "Ghosting" Feature In BIAB Piano Roll - 03/13/14 07:27 AM
I haven't used this feature before but I noticed that if I load a midi file into a multichannel Melody track, the "Ghost" button does isolate individual channels while keeping the other channels visible.

I'm just passing this information on for what it's worth.

Hope it's useful,
Noel
Great that we are trouble shooting this feature. I have used it in other DAWS and its a great feature. Just wish that it worked in BIAB.

Btw, I noticed that when you rest the mouse arrow on the "ghost button" it says "Melody". So maybe it supposed to be used on the melody track only ????
© PG Music Forums