PG Music Home
Posted By: Bob Roetker Error when exporting as MP3 - 12/10/14 11:38 AM
Get error when exporting song as MP3. Dialog box appears with drop downs for format and attribute. Only choice for format is MP3-layer 3, no choices for attribute. As soon as I say okay, I get error “List index out of bounds (0) at:0042276D”. When I okay the error message, BIAB is locked up and have to do an “end task” to get out.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Error when exporting as MP3 - 12/10/14 03:23 PM
Hi Bob,
Yes, will look at that. For MP3, you might find/install some available codecs by a google search, as it looks like none are showing up. Normally there is a low bitrate one that shows up, so we'll look into that. And suppressing that error message.
Posted By: therealex Re: Error when exporting as MP3 - 01/02/15 11:41 AM
Hi,
I'm having the same issue. I just purchased BIAB Pro upgrade, and am trying Realband for some basic stuff.
I can save the file in wave format, but when I try to save as MP3 I have exactly the same issue as above.
Is it possible there's an issue with the mp3 converter that Realband uses? I'm running windows 7 64 bit (Pro).
Thanks!

- Russ
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Error when exporting as MP3 - 01/02/15 04:49 PM
Russ,

Have you tried saving in wma format? These files are pretty much the same size as mp3s. I personally prefer wma. It's also worth noting that PG Music ship their Realtracks using wma, too. (That's what converted me to this format.)

Also, if I need to convert a wav to mp3, I used an external, freeware program called Fre:Ac. It offers a great deal of control, much more so that the mp3 converter in BIAB.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jford Re: Error when exporting as MP3 - 01/02/15 04:54 PM
Actually, BIAB doesn't have an MP3 converter. It uses whatever Windows uses. The default converter is low bit-rate (no more than 56K). There are some other forum threads on how to get better results and/or install alternatives.
© PG Music Forums