PG Music Home
Posted By: clinton Roland VSC has gone missing - 01/08/15 05:52 AM
Hello forum,
I have reinstalled Biab & RB (2011) onto my C drive (because of changing from XP to Windows 7), and they both work fine except that my Roland VSC (which I was previously using, I think as a Dxi plug-in) seems to have completely disappeared. It doesn't appear in any list of available soft synths (CoyoteWT does and that's where my sound is coming from for now), nor can I find a Roland folder, either on my C drive or on the Biab hard drive that I installed from.
I think this all sounds a bit strange - stuff doesn't simply vanish, does it - but if anyone has a clue about where I should look or what to do, I'd like to hear from you.
Also, perhaps this is more of a tech support than a forum question - what do you think?
Clinton.
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Roland VSC has gone missing - 01/08/15 06:38 AM
I believe that the Roland VSC is not supported in a 64-bit environment.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Roland VSC has gone missing - 01/08/15 06:51 AM
Hi Clinton,

I see we share the same hometown!

Just to add to what Ryszard has said ...

The VSC/DXi plugin does not work if you have a 64-bit operating system. From the sounds of things, your XP operating system was 32-bit and your new one is 64-bit.

Around a couple of years ago, a number of people here in the forum (and PG Music) tried to get the Roland VSC/DXi softsynth to work on Windows 7, 64-bit but no-one was successful.

The TTS-1 softsynth that comes with Cakewalk Music Creator ($39) will work.

http://www.pgmusic.com/musiccreator.htm

Also, the Coyote Forte DXi softsynth will do the job

http://www.pgmusic.com/coyotefortedxi.htm

Both of the above softsynths sound better than the Coyote WT that you are presently using.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Roland VSC has gone missing - 01/08/15 11:04 AM
Check compatibility here--->>> http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=information&p=VSC%2DMP1
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Roland VSC has gone missing - 01/08/15 12:29 PM
+1 for TTS It may cost us $40 US, but it is a really good little basic synth with a lot of tunability. Also you get the Cakewalk Music creator for the deal, and it is a nice little DAW. I and several others here started on it.
Posted By: clinton Re: Roland VSC has gone missing - 01/08/15 01:01 PM
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen; you've at least put me out of the misery of incomprehension.
Quite right about my transition from 32 to 64, and a look at Roland support page confirms (I think) VSC DXi incompatability. So begins my trip into unforseen consequences.
Clinton.
PS thanks for the tips on where to next.
Posted By: jford Re: Roland VSC has gone missing - 01/08/15 01:32 PM
Also, would just mention that if you happen to have a version of Sonar (at least with the X-series, and possibly earlier, but don't know), then you already have a copy of the TTS-1 softsynth.

If you have Sonar and can't see the TTS-1 in BIAB/RealBand/PowerTracks, you probably need to install the 32-bit vesion.
© PG Music Forums