PG Music Home
I upgraded from Audiophile 2014 to Audiophile 2015 and now I am getting access errors in RealBand when trying to select a section of waveform from a file created in BIAB 2015.

I'm just wondering if there might be residual information from 2014 that is confusing 2015?
No.

It is typical to install over earlier versions. That way, you keep any bonus paks, user-styles, and personal settings.

Did you have your RealTracks on a different drive from your program? During 2015 Setup, it is critical that you specify both the drive for BIAB and the drive for RealTracks (and RealDrums) that may be different. If you made a mistake, no problem; just go to Preferences, RealTracks and specify a Custom Location. Write back for help if you need it.

If you are sure the drives are correct, please let us know more details about your computer and setup.

No
It is recommended not to uninstall as you may lose some 'eaxtras' you've collected from previous versions with Bonus inclusions.

This problem was found and I think solved elswhere on the forums .. I'll look quick.

EDIT; you said previously reconnecting your audio device fixed it.

Has that changed? That was in the Realband forum..
Thanks for your replies.

That unplugging and plugging back in solution (That I posted in the Realband forum) 'seemed' to work that one time. But the problem reappeared the very next day. I tried everything that I 'thought' had made the problem go away the day before. It did not work.

I went on live chat with support a day or so after that. The support rep had me send him one of the offending files. (Any sequence I make with BIAB 2015 causes this problem) He said it caused a problem in his Realband too - which he couldn't figure out - and said he would forward the file to the development people and they would get back to me.

That was about a week ago. I'm sure they will get back to me, but because no one else seems to have this problem I'm sure it is something simple that I screwed up myself. Hence my posting of this question about whether I should have uninstalled before installing.

I was just hoping I could fix it myself since I'm getting anxious about waiting for them to get back to me.

My BIAB 2014 still works- but because of this problem, I can't do anything with 2015. It is frustrating especially when I bought the most expensive 2015 package.

I have a 6 month old quad core i7 PC running Windows 7 (64 bits)
I think I am running everything from the harddrive. That's been my intention anyway...

Thanks again for your helpfulness
Ah, there's more to this. Ok. Suggest you call up Support to follow up. Good luck!
Thanks again for your thoughts Matt, I did follow-up once already.
I'll wait another week and try to follow-up again,
© PG Music Forums