PG Music Home

I usually use Musescore 1.3 as a notation program to transcribe fiddle tunes. I can export the melody to a midi file (.mid) using Musescore and then import it into BIAB in order to add some accompaniment. But when I import the midi file, it usually shows up in the mixer window as "Flute: Instrument 74 Flute. The volume control slider in the mixer for this instrument has no effect. If I select a different midi instrument for it in the mixer e.g. dropdown->Select Midi Patch->1 Acoustic Piano it has no effect on the sound when I play it back. Is it supposed to work this way? I have found that I can control the volume using Melody->Edit Melody Track-> Adjust Level of Melody.
Hi jdavemac

It sounds like BIAB is reading the Musescore midi file as a multitrack midi file when it loads it on to the Melody track. If this is the case, then multiple midi channels are present on the Melody track - which is why changing the sound doesn't work. (As far as I understand, changing patches using the mixer is for when the Melody track is only a single midi channel.)

If the above is the case, click on the "Sequencer" button (as shown below). Select the "Melody track" track option when asked.

This will allow you to see all the midi tracks and to change the individual sounds for those tracks. (In the example shown below, midi channels 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10 are present on the Melody track.)

Hopes this helps,
Noel

Noel,
That worked, it was exactly as you described!!
Thanks.
Dave
© PG Music Forums