PG Music Home
I just wanted to make sure that I didn't blink and miss it, but there does not appear to be any pedal steel soloists in biab, just backing pedal steel tracks, is this true??
I didn't see any when I looked.

Kevin
Thanks for checking... For some reason, at one point, I thought that there were both pedal steel and dobro soloists, but apparently these are just backing and not soloists... Maybe in the next installment of real tracks, in the summer, we'll get them...
Hi,

Yes, the Pedal Steel Realtracks are classified as "background", but most of them could be used as soloists also...
tradivoro1:

You could add this to the Wishlist, although I'm not sure which one.
BIAB?
REALBAND?

Perhaps we need another Wishlist specifically for new "Real Instruments"
similar to the one we have now for new Styles.

In any case, I'll "second the motion" for some Pedal Steel Realtracks!

LLOYD S
Quote:

Thanks for checking... For some reason, at one point, I thought that there were both pedal steel and dobro soloists, but apparently these are just backing and not soloists...

Hhhmmm......

I would have been certain that I was working on a song a few weeks ago and found Dobro while scrolling through the soloist instruments.

Actually, now that I recall, it said Resonator Guitar.

And Dobro, after all, is a brand name of a resonator guitar.

And it sounded pretty good too. If I ever have the time I'll try and finish the song and post it.

Try that one. - Mark
Use the Soloist button.

In there you will find those pedal steel and dobro RealTracks, but the Soloist attempts to compile them a little differently.

While the pedal steel files are indeed identified as "backing" in their names, they can indeed also do a fairly good job at soloing for certain tasks.

--Mac

Yup, I checked.
The Resonator "solo" choices do say "background."
Didn't notice that before.
As I said, though, it did sound pretty good.
Hi folks, thanks for all your replies... I tried using them, and although they add a good flavor of pedal if you needed that in a pinch, for the particular type of solo I was looking for, they wouldn't work... Likewise with the Dobro, if you wanted to use them for atmosphere, it works great, but not as a solist per se... I'm glad that those that didn't know there was a dobro in there found the resonator guitar... I always thought it was a dobro...
© PG Music Forums