PG Music Home
Posted By: Beachboy Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/10/16 11:56 PM
Can someone check if the Open Audio with Chords (or chord wizard feature) works in 2016.
Not working here, other than suggesting a Key
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 12:19 AM
Col,

I just tried opening a wav file and it worked fine... chords analysed ok and they were able to be sent to BIAB. Have you tried a different audio file just to make sure that the file you are using is not BIAB-friendly in some way?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 01:00 AM
Noel,
Tried different song, different formats. Chord Wizard inserts audio in Audio Track, suggests a Key (But IO think it's stuck on C) then everything is greyed out except 1. Erase Audio Track 2. Close 3. Help

The file never gets analysed?
Col
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 01:09 AM
Noel

I'm having a few issues with my HDD install of BIAB/Realband ie can't run Realband on my HDD only on USB. I'm waiting for a response from support on this.
Just found that Chord Wizard works fine on USB (PG Music) External Drive but not on my HDD?

Not sure if the problem is that I've tried to consolidate my PGMusic stuff into a directory called PGMusic which then contains BB & Realband, you'd think that was OK, maybe they need to be installed on root directories as BB & Realband. Who knows?

Col
Posted By: rharv Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 01:17 AM
Yep, try using the C:\BB and C:\Realband default directories when on the OS drive
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 01:26 AM
Col,

If it works on the USB drive but not the hard drive, as you've already indicated, that seems to suggest that there's something wrong with the hard drive set up.

A couple of thoughts...

1. Have you got the correct paths for Realdrums and Realtracks entered into BIAB and RB?

For purposes of problem solving, I'd plug in the USB drive and use the \bb path on that for the Real-tracks and -drums. If that works, then it's one step forward in the solving process.

2. When you installed BIAB from the USB drive, did you install to the new paths (e.g. x:\PG Music\bb and x:\PG Music\Realband) or did you simply copy the files there after installing them in their default locations?

If you copied the files to the new directory, you will need to run Setup.exe on the USB drive and enter the paths for \bb and \Realband in the installation process. Choose the 'minimum' installation option because Windows only needs to be told where the programs are (it's not necessary to reinstall all the RTs and RDs again).

Hope these thoughts help.

Noel
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 01:37 AM
Rharv & Noel

I'm in the process of re-installing at the moment.
Rharv, Can't put it on the C: as have a solid state drive I pretty much keep clean. Have been using BIAB/Realband on my E: Drive for a few years now with no problem.

Noel, I selected the paths in the setup(E:PGMusic/BB & Realband), this time I'll install to E:\BB & E:\Realband. Yes, the realtracks & Drums where in the BB folder.

See how it goes, might solve some of the other problems I've been having. Fingers crossed. smile

Col
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 01:39 AM
Col,

That sounds good. Let's see how it goes. I have run d:\bb and d:\Realband for years without issue.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 01:56 AM
The setup program is one way, but it may only require going into Preferences, RealTracks and selecting the correct custom folder where your RealTracks are. Do the same for Preferences, RealDrums.
Posted By: rharv Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 02:10 AM
Are you trying to use the ACW or just the chords feature?
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 03:10 AM
All the realdrums & real tracks worked fine, well the 20 or so I'd tried.

Anyhow, all my problems have been solved. Did the re-install to E:\BB & E:\Realband and it is happy.

For some reason it did not like being is E:\PGmusic\BB & E:\PGmusic\Realband. Whatever?

Is working fine now, so all happy here smile

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 03:16 AM
I won't argue with your success. I will just add that it is our understanding that the only folder you cannot install BIAB in, and have it work correctly, is the /Program Files folder (either one, if using 64-bit Windows).
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Audio Chord Wizard 2016 - 01/11/16 03:39 AM
OK, that's good to know. Maybe I'll try again with 2017 smile
But I'll live with where it is for now.
Thanks
© PG Music Forums