PG Music Home
Posted By: LBL Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/06/16 07:09 PM
I am getting this message suddenly after every song. When a song finishes and I try to load a song via Song Picker...I get this pop up dialog. I can find a way to stop it.

LBL
Try Options > Return to Factory Settings.
LBL,

Could you please describe how you go about loading a song? Do you load the demo chords and generate the song? It is possible that from BIAB's perspective, the song has changed if one set of chords existed on the chord sheet and then you load a demo which overwrites those chords.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this...

It's possible to demo styles in Stylepicker using the green arrow below (#3 on the image).

If you want to hear how your present chord progression sounds with a style, simply select the style and then use the arrow I've labelled #2. You can also set the preview to only 4 bars (#1).

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: LBL Re: Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/09/16 11:09 AM
Already tried return to factory.... first thing I did. No effect. have also tried deleting interface.bbw file
Posted By: LBL Re: Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/09/16 11:18 AM
I load each from the "song picker". I have a thousand + songs in the file it accesses. Done it a million times. Never had this problem. When the song I am playing finishes and I use the keyboard shortcut...ctrl/f3 to open the list
it prompts and asks if i want to save the file. It does it whether I use the shortcut or the cursor to open the drop down dialog for the song list. Every time

LBL
Posted By: LBL Re: Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/09/16 11:49 AM
Here is another thing I just found out. Using a smaller file than my main file(10 songs) to test this. I find if I hit YES..save file instead of NO .....the next time I open that file again and play it..and then when I hit the song list to change to a different song, it does not say..song file has changed. save file? It just opens the song list properly.

LBL
Just verifying, this is BIAB for Windows. What version? What build? What else changed recently?
Posted By: LBL Re: Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/09/16 03:16 PM
2016. Newest build. But problem started before. was hoping newest build would fix it. didnt
Hi LBL,

Apologies. When I read "Song picker" in your original post, my brain interpreted it as Stylepicker. The Song Picker is not something I've ever used before. Thanks for letting me know about CTRL+F3 because I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

I've just had a quick play around with it and it seems to be working for me. I've created a list and selected and changed songs and I don't get the prompt to save. I'll keep on fiddling with it and see if I can get it to reproduce what's happening for you.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: LBL Re: Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/09/16 05:55 PM
Found it! I turned off the "Show Hints"!
What the hell? But setting it to Show No Hints stopped it.

Now, at first I thought it might be the green popup box that was coming up every song asking if I wanted to convert my line based lyrics to bar based lyrics......most all of the songs in my set have been created over the years I used LINE BASED LYRICS! This has been an issue with 2016 for me. Because I can no longer edit line based lyrics in my older songs. PG Music has not come up with a way for me to edit the old way.

Now. How do I get rid of the green box?
Posted By: LBL Re: Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/15/16 02:45 PM
Well after two weeks of working fine the problem is back!
And the show no hints isn't working this time. This is nuts.
LBL,

Try activating "Show Hints" and exiting BIAB. Now restart BIAB and deactivate "Show Hints" and see if that helps again.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: LBL Re: Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/23/16 01:10 PM
That didn't work.....but this did!!!..In global overrides..I set "convert line based lyrics to bar based lyrics" to NEVER.

?????
If you're working on a song then YES, you always want to save the work..... and unless you save periodically as you work, it's a safety net of sorts for it to ask you every time.

If you're just poking around and don't want to save..... simply click NO.

That feature has saved my butt a few times from dumping quite a bit of work by accident when I was in a hurry.
Posted By: LBL Re: Song file has changed. Save before closing? - 03/24/16 02:36 PM
I always hit NO when these things pop up. But they shouldn't be popping up at all! I use BIAB live to make my living for
12 years. This has never happened. I think the fact that it
was automatically changing line based lyrics to bar based every time I opened a song... the program is reading that the song has been changed. Every song that I created pre-2016. The songs I created with 2016(using bar based lyrics)
do not do this. They open and close with out the prompt to save.

I try to minimize the time between songs I play live and this is an annoying extra key stroke I was having to hit after every song. But like I said...setting the override to NEVER
under convert line based lyrics to bar based lyrics seems to have fixed it. Never a problem until BIAB 2016.

Plus with 2016 I can no longer edit the lyrics of the 1000 plus songs I created with line based lyrics pre-2016.
There needs to be a fix for this!
Try this (if not tried already). This might fix it:

Attached picture 2016-03-25_06-33-56.jpg
© PG Music Forums