PG Music Home
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Style prefaces - 06/27/16 02:27 PM
Hi team,

I finally got BIAB and Excel to play nice. (I threatened to kick bill Gates out of the sandbox!). The manual says:

RealStyles are Band-in-a-Box styles that use RealTracks only. The style names for RealStyles are prefaced by an
underscore, _.

For most RealStyles, the Type is R, but there are several RealStyles that have RM in the Type column. There are some other inconsistencies too. Can anyone explain this? Thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Style prefaces - 06/27/16 02:45 PM
RM Styles contain a mixture of RealTracks and MIDI:

Attached picture 2016-06-28_5-43-24.jpg
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Style prefaces - 06/27/16 03:38 PM
Quite correct, Video. Thanks.

I would expect the Type column to always read R for any tracks prefaced with the underscore (RealStyle). However, if you look up _ALT_POP, it should be a RealStyle (R) because of the underscore preface. It is shown as RM. Or have I got a screw lose smile?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Style prefaces - 06/27/16 03:49 PM
You are correct about the names. The naming pattern for styles uses a legacy DOS type 8.3 naming convention, maybe stemming from the original O/S limitations from earlier development. This is something that has been requested to be changed for many years.

There are likely to be quite a few outliers that don't conform.
Posted By: Lee Batchelor Re: Style prefaces - 06/27/16 03:50 PM
Okay, thanks Video. I thought I was crazy or that there were some errors in the Type column. There are quite a few actually. We should ignore that column.
© PG Music Forums