PG Music Home
Posted By: Shakey BIAB DISAPPEARS - 09/11/09 06:01 AM
I have had BIAB2008 0n my computer for some time, then one day I clicked on the shortcut and I got a message saying "could not open programme, shortcut has been moved " something to that effect. I reloaded it and it worked fine until the next time I switched my computer on and the same thing happened. does anyone know why this happens?
Thanx, Shakey.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BIAB DISAPPEARS - 09/11/09 06:40 AM
What operating system does your computer use?
Posted By: Shakey Re: BIAB DISAPPEARS - 09/11/09 07:03 AM
Noel, operating system is XP Pro. I have to say this problem only seems to have started since I installed service pack 3.
Cheers Shakey.
Posted By: Jazzman Re: BIAB DISAPPEARS - 09/11/09 08:30 AM
Hi Shakey,

I have had this occur of most OS over time - but rarely - and it seems that the link gets corrupted or broken by a major system update or something like a clean up action

Delete the shortcut icon and make a new shortcut link from the bbw.exe location - right click and send a shortcut to the desktop
jazzman
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB DISAPPEARS - 09/11/09 03:36 PM
Interesting; I have never seen this, but follow jazzman's advice and just create another shortcut.

You might check first to see that the program is still there, though. If a shortcut doesn't work, there are two possible reasons: the shortcut is corrupt, or the program itself is not found. Using My Computer, navigate to your C:\BB folder and start the program BBW.EXE. If that works, your new shortcut to it will work.

Other (much more remote) possibilities include early signs of a hard drive failure, a virus, or hard drive file corruption.
© PG Music Forums