PG Music Home
Hi Experts,
Great to be back on the BIAB forum after 13 years away..BB2005 with the first year of Real Drums when I was last here.Anyway....the question..

Like many I suppose,I like to take exported tracks from BIAB into an external DAW for individual mixing,compression,EQ and
final treatment.

Does anyone on the forum(or even the PG Music team)know if there are any plans to re-create what is already possible with MIDI drum tracks in RealBand ie Split,to allow each part of the kit to be added to it's own track,and to do this with Real Drums to have live Kick,Snare,Hat,Toms,Rides etc exported as individual instruments instead of a single .WAV mix?

Obviously this would present an additional financial and technical overhead given that separate miking of the kit pieces would be needed and the challenge of then adding the Real Drums features of tempo stretching etc.

Apologies if this question may have already been asked.

Regards

Neil Cummins
Warrington
UK.
This has been requested a number of times. As I understand it, the RealDrums were all recorded as a "set", not individual parts, so while it might be possible for future RD's to do this (I imagine with a MIDI RealChart similar to what RealTracks have), it would be difficult to go back and do so on the many existing RealDrums. And I'm pretty sure they're not going to provide individual separated audio files, if for anything than the storage requirement that incurs. But you never know. PGMusic has surprised us often enough with what they come out with.
Whilst not 100% what I do is pull the drum track into Reaper then duplicate the track a couple of times. Then I apply EQ Filters normally a high pass on one and low pass on another then blend the tracks back in. This allows me to drop (or raise) the volume of the kick or something from the high end for example. Not ideal but does offer some control.

Tony
This is an old one and may still take PG some years to catch on:

Super RealDrums
Thanks for taking the time to reply Guys,more questions to come as I re-discover BIAB.

Cheers,

Neil
Originally Posted By: Teunis
Whilst not 100% what I do is pull the drum track into Reaper then duplicate the track a couple of times. Then I apply EQ Filters normally a high pass on one and low pass on another then blend the tracks back in. This allows me to drop (or raise) the volume of the kick or something from the high end for example. Not ideal but does offer some control.

Tony

Good idea; although the Drum track RTs are outstanding at times, i often end up replacing them f.i. if a bass drum or snare does't sit well in 'my' mix, or a fill doesn't fit right, so i often end up replacing the whole caboose with f.i. EZdrummer.
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Good idea; although the Drum track RTs are outstanding at times, i often end up replacing them f.i. if a bass drum or snare does't sit well in 'my' mix, or a fill doesn't fit right, so i often end up replacing the whole caboose with f.i. EZdrummer.

That's exactly what I do ! get EZDrummer out as BB/RB finally have the vst sync !! It's a shame as you have great players but you don't have the control to get it how you like or the artist you are creating it for likes.
Once you have it in Multitrack stems you can do what you like, adjust levels, replace drum or cymbal with another with drum replacement triggers.
Yes but Multichannel compressed/uncompressed are a no brainer.
You will still have the stereo files for those that don't bother with this side of things.
© PG Music Forums