PG Music Home
Posted By: Gormp55 Only some af the styles are working - 12/08/18 07:24 AM
When I load some of the styles in to a arrangement, only the drums are playing. The other instruments are playing in the mixer (the sound indicators are moving) but no sound are being played.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Gorm
Posted By: babarton Re: Only some af the styles are working - 12/08/18 08:03 AM
Hmmm... My top guess would be that you're hearing real drums and real tracks, but you don't have MIDI sounds set up properly. Can you tell us what color the instrument names are in your mixer (I expect the ones you can hear are green and the ones you don't hear are yellow)?

Bruce

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Had this exact same problem a few times since the update :-(

Restarting the program seemed to help...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Only some af the styles are working - 12/08/18 06:29 PM
Have you tried changing audio drivers? For example if WAS is in use, try changing to MME or ASIO (if it's available).

I've been using MME with BIAB 2019 since I installed it and I haven't come across the above problem. Easy access to the driver is found via "Audio | Audio Drivers/Settings".
Posted By: Gormp55 Re: Only some af the styles are working - 12/09/18 08:26 AM
It seems like I am hearing realdrums as sugested (the names ar written in green)
The other tracks - in this case bass and piano are written i yellow.

Maby I should try to change the driver.
Posted By: babarton Re: Only some af the styles are working - 12/09/18 10:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Gormp55
It seems like I am hearing realdrums as sugested (the names ar written in green)
The other tracks - in this case bass and piano are written i yellow.

Maby I should try to change the driver.

It sounds like my suspicion was correct - you are hearing real drums and real instruments (which are audio), but NOT hearing midi. I'm on a Mac, so may only be of limited ability to help. Check out this PG Music BIAB Windoze tutorial on midi setup:

https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_bbw_nosound.htm

You've got to tell BIAB what synth you want it to use to play midi. I assume this will be a software synth and not an external hardware synthesizer in your case. Windows probably has some default midi synth (which likely sounds terrible). BIAB for Windows probably comes with some alternative software synthesizer you can install, which will be a big step up from the default synth in Windows. Good luck with this. If you can't get this going, just ask back here or contact PG support. You can use the program without midi if you just use all Real Styles, but it'll expand your horizons exponentially if you get your midi setup, and can then use ALL the styles.

Bruce
Posted By: Gormp55 Re: Only some af the styles are working - 12/09/18 04:54 PM
Thanks a lot for the inputs. I found an other solution to the problem. I made a factory reset and now it seems to be working, but I will also try to install an alternative software syntesizer as sugested.

Best regards

Gorm
© PG Music Forums