PG Music Home
[ Note from PG Music: this issue is solved in build 608, available here
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=511571&gonew=1#UNREAD ]

This 4:30 minute video, shows the problem I'm having on my Windows 10 Laptop, with BiaB 64, build 606 loaded, and using MME drivers... the song plays fine until I solo a track, then distortion & slowing down of music (pitch lowers too)…
Un-solo and all tracks play fine...
Then at 02:30 I click on [use VSTi/DXi Synth] and none of the tracks play (solo'd or not)
My Drop-Box Video of BiaB 64
I have similar problems using the 32 bit program, also when using midi-tracks... Both programs work Ok on my Studio DeskTop...

Hey, Bloc-head -

Try setting the tempo to 70 instead of 85 and see if it plays cleanly and solos cleanly. My testing seems to indicate that the distortion is related to tempo setting. When I set it to the recommended tempo for the style (which for _OLBONES is 70), everything plays cleanly; when I deviate from that recommended tempo, I start getting distortion (sometimes by just going one tick up or one tick down). Not every style, but many I've tested.

Let me know.
Thanks John... It helped to slow the tempo down to 70bpm, and as long as [use VSTi/DXi Synth] is un-checked...

if I check that option, (with or without midi tracks) all realtracks are distorted.
Bloc-head -

I need to try that and see if it makes a difference on my system (unchecking DXi) as I try to figure out/troubleshoot where all my distortion is coming from.
Originally Posted By: jford
I need to try that and see if it makes a difference on my system (unchecking DXi) as I try to figure out/troubleshoot where all my distortion is coming from.

Are you having similar issues..?
I also tried using "WAS Drivers" and that made the problem worse.
Hi jford,

I don't understand... he said he also have problems when using midi tracks. Shouldn't you be able to use any tempo you want if you are using midi? Isn't that one of the advantages with midi?

Will
Thanks for the great report! This really narrows it down.
Originally Posted By: jford
Hey, Bloc-head -

Try setting the tempo to 70 instead of 85 and see if it plays cleanly and solos cleanly. My testing seems to indicate that the distortion is related to tempo setting. When I set it to the recommended tempo for the style (which for _OLBONES is 70), everything plays cleanly; when I deviate from that recommended tempo, I start getting distortion (sometimes by just going one tick up or one tick down). Not every style, but many I've tested.

Let me know.

Can it be that the time stretching function or version has changed with BIAB 2019? Or it's settings? There are supposed audio related fixes in 607 ...
Blake from PGMusic has posted in another thread that they think they have figured out what the problem is (related to how math is calculated, which affects some CPU's but not others). We are expecting an update patch soon and I'm looking forward to testing it.
I'm happy to report that the new build 608, has greatly improved performance on my Laptop... Thank you all for the great effort...
Yes, that’s build 608 that’s fixed that issue. It was affecting certain CPU types only. You can get build 608 here ...
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=511571&gonew=1#UNREAD
© PG Music Forums