PG Music Home
Posted By: gwp99 Biab2016 to Biab2019 - 12/19/18 04:17 PM
I have Biab2019 on the External HDD.

Can I just delete Biab2016, which is installed on an internal drive, without losing Songs/Styles/?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Biab2016 to Biab2019 - 12/19/18 04:28 PM
Probably you don't want to do that.

When you install BIAB, you are given four options. Most of the time it's best to install the new version on top of the old. This way, you keep any songs, user-made styles, user-made User Tracks, etc. You also keep any bonus/Xtra Paks/Xtra styles that you may have purchased as a one-time offer with the older package.

So, before you do anything, please tell us more. Can you install to your internal drive (do you have enough space), or have you decided to run BIAB from the external USB drive?

If you decided to run from the USB drive, I might put in a recommendation to consider a compromise: install the program files to your hard drive, but point the RealTracks and RealDrums (which take up most of the space) to where they are on the USB drive.

If you do decide to delete BIAB 2016, tell us and we can help you copy over your songs and user styles etc.

Write back, give us more info, and we can help more.

Posted By: gwp99 Re: Biab2016 to Biab2019 - 12/19/18 10:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Matt.

I went through the files in My Account and it appears all but the Xtra Paks I had purchased for the Biab2016 were already on the PG Audio HDD.

I downloaded those and the installer placed them in the proper folders on the PG Audio HDD.

So I was able to free up the 93G on the internal and am now working with the 263G on the PG Audio HDD.

So goodbye 2016, hello 2019!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Biab2016 to Biab2019 - 12/19/18 11:12 PM
So you’re good. Excellent.

Have fun!
© PG Music Forums