PG Music Home
Hi, all. I tried to send my MIDI Output via VSTi to Halion. But there ist no selction for Halion and no last line for adding a new VSti.
I'm using BIAB 2021 (64bit) (804).
Any Idea?
Thx Wolfgang

Found the window in the mixer, where I can scan for the VSTi-Plugins
Yea that's one of the changes this year - as far as I can tell you can no longer use that pull down to SELECT a Plugin, that pull-down is now only to add/subtract those VSTi's you want to be able to choose from (done elsewhere)

Look in the Options -> MIDI/Audio Drivers setup -> menu then look to the right side under "Use VSTi/DXi synth" and set your default, OR use the the "MIDI" pull down for same "MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup" menu

I guess you have to use the Plugins tab of the MIXER window to set individual synths on a "per patch" (per instrument) basis, if you need to, and that same tab is where you can assign VST/DX FX's as needed.

I'm old, my mantra is CHANGE IS BAD (as well as GET OFF MY GRASS)!

I've not had time to actually learn the new GUI or menus I had to go "find it" just now and I hate it but I'm sure there are newer and BETTER ways than the one I'm suggesting

Good Luck
Larry
Thank you Larry,
my problem is: Halion Sonic is not available in the selction list. How can I direct BIAB to know my Halion/ Halion Sonic?

Have I do do some manual copying into a special directoty?

And: I am old too, maybe eben older. That explain why some changes are hard for me too...:-)
Wolfgang
You'll have to add it - which means you need to know (or find) where the Halion Sonic.dll is you could have BIAB scan for VST's

open the "Add plugins" in the "Plugins Options" of the the "Plugins" pull down
© PG Music Forums