PG Music Home
Posted By: Brille I cannot attach .sgu/.mgu files to posts - 07/30/21 08:52 AM
Possibly this has already been reported in another thread: I can't attach BiaB song files to a post via the file manager, although this is explicitly allowed in the list of allowed file endings: "... File types you can upload include images (e.g. png, jpg, bmp), media (e.g. m4a, mp3), Band-in-a-Box songs (e.g. sgu, mgu), and txt files. "
You can't attach a song file, however you can post a dropbox link to it (or Google drive, or other cloud storage).
Posted By: Brille Re: I cannot attach .sgu/.mgu files to posts - 08/02/21 07:03 AM
Hi, Andrew,
I see, but you should change the message text in the file manager. A user of the German forum has tried unsuccessfully to upload SGU files.
Hi Brille,
Apparently, the trick is to change/append the file name extension with '.txt', e.g. mysong.sgu.txt
Then attached the 'text' file.
Then rename it back at the other end (take away the '.txt' extension.
Posted By: Brille Re: I cannot attach .sgu/.mgu files to posts - 08/02/21 10:33 AM
VideoTrack,
Sure, with such little tricks it works of course, I know. But one user in the German forum relied on the simple explanation in the file manager that he can attach songfiles. Making that possible doesn't sound like rocket science at first. Maybe the forum administrator should just adjust the text a bit or explain the procedure more precisely.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
It used to have SGU MGU option.
PG did delete the post with a dropbox link where a user uploaded 700+ SGU "Tony's BIAB Cover Songs.zip" of their song collection from over the years, it's posted in the ReaTrak Reaper forum #31.
I would say it's some copyright issue they are worried about and don't want to get involved with it, that is fair enough.
Posted By: MartinB Re: I cannot attach .sgu/.mgu files to posts - 08/02/21 06:04 PM
Upload of mgu-files used to be supported on this forum. 'Twas very helpful for diagnostic purposes for users having problems with issues that could get demonstrated via such mgu-files.

It might support the community to bring this option back . . .
Originally Posted By: Brille
VideoTrack,
Sure, with such little tricks it works of course, I know. But one user in the German forum relied on the simple explanation in the file manager that he can attach songfiles. Making that possible doesn't sound like rocket science at first. Maybe the forum administrator should just adjust the text a bit or explain the procedure more precisely.

Hi Brille,
Yes, I totally agree. You used to be able to attach native .SGU, .MGU files, but this functionality has been removed. Pipeline explained the possible reason, but I haven't seen any comment/instruction from PG Music.
Posted By: Brille Re: I cannot attach .sgu/.mgu files to posts - 08/03/21 08:50 AM
Apparently the forum administrator has now changed the text, the misleading reference to the possibility to attach song files (sgu/mgu files) has been deleted in the file manager.
© PG Music Forums