PG Music Home
Posted By: Nutty Instruments Stopping - 01/05/10 06:38 PM
I'm using BIAB for the first time in a while, but I don't think this has ever happened to me before. I have my song laid out in BIAB, using style =TONY_FD Laid back med. Rock (85). I rendered them as individual wav tracks and imported them into Sonar. However, the bass track stops after measure 19 and the piano stops after measure 15.

I'm not sure what has happened here or how to fix it.

Thanks.
Annette
Posted By: Rachael Re: Instruments Stopping - 01/05/10 08:21 PM
Do the Wavs play OK outside of Sonar? If not, make sure BIAB is playing the song correctly by listening to the measures in question. There may be some mutes or volume changes in your tracks.

Rachael
Posted By: Nutty Re: Instruments Stopping - 01/05/10 09:36 PM
Quote:

... If not, make sure BIAB is playing the song correctly by listening to the measures in question. There may be some mutes or volume changes in your tracks.

Rachael

I played the wav files on itunes and they stop, so how do I check the measures in BIAB?

Thanks.
Annette
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: Instruments Stopping - 01/05/10 10:32 PM
To check the measures in BIAB - Play the song in BIAB (click the Play button) and listen to it all the way through without rendering to .wav or anything else, just the BIAB play option. If it plays fine there, your trouble is somewhere else. If it doesn't work in native BIAB format, start checking for volume settings, muted instruments, etc. as advised.
Good luck.
Posted By: Nutty Re: Instruments Stopping - 01/05/10 10:40 PM
Update: I called tech support and there had been updates already for both BIAB and RB. So I did the updates and have the same problems. When I view the files in PRV in BIAB, they play right through. So, I decided to open the file in RB and it turns out that the piano and bass are midi files. All the rest are RT.

Does this information help with a fix? It has to be a problem with my midi set up? I do get the midi input driver error when I have Sonar open at the same time. I don't think that's the problem though, because it plays for 15 -19 measures.

Edit: The midi files play through in RB. Do styles with RT have to be rendered differently?

Thanks.
Annette
Posted By: Mac Re: Instruments Stopping - 01/05/10 10:42 PM
Quote:

Does this information help with a fix? It has to be a problem with my midi set up? I do get the midi input driver error when I have Sonar open at the same time. I don't think that's the problem though, because it plays for 15 -19 measures.

Thanks.
Annette

That could still be the problem if both programs are being told to address the same MIDI synth at the same time. Catfight.

--Mac
Posted By: Nutty Re: Instruments Stopping - 01/05/10 10:58 PM
That was it Mac!

I thought with the new "drag and drop" feature, this conflict was resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Annette
Posted By: Rachael Re: Instruments Stopping - 01/05/10 11:44 PM
For future reference, Midi tracks show up Yellow and RTs/RDs show up Green on the BIAB parts bar.

R
Posted By: Nutty Re: Instruments Stopping - 01/06/10 02:18 AM
Thanks. Now I see the difference on the part bars. I guess part of the problem was I thought I have chosen a Real Style, not a Style with Real instruments. I'm slowly learning.

Thanks everyone.

Annette
© PG Music Forums