PG Music Home
Hi,

I'm experiencing an odd problem with BIAB 2022. Whenever I select any of the MIDI Thru harmonies, they play with one instrument, instead of the ones the harmonies reference. For example, if I select "Nashville Saxes (3)", the harmonies don't play with saxes, but instead with piano or Voice Oohs; it seems to depend on what style I've loaded. The instrument stays the same regardless of what harmony I select. However, the harmonies play as intended when using the Melodist or Soloist features.

I'm using a Roland BK-3 as my keyboard, which is connected to a MOTU M4 interface.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Well I gave it a quick try and all appears to work. My song is all midi, which I am just assuming is the only way this would work.

The real problem for me doing this is the BIAB midi synth for horns is so poor it is just hard to hear. I am assuming you need to capture the midi harmony output and transfer to a decent VST plugin. Does any of that help?

Attached picture Capture.PNG
Unfortunately, the problem occurs both when using the Coyote WT soft synth, or if I set BIAB to use the BK-3 for output. I'm beginning to think there's a problem with one or more of the Thru channels. If I have a harmony selected and play the keyboard while nothing is playing, the instrument it's supposed to use is heard (such as Voice Oohs for the Nashville Voices harmony). When F4 is pressed to start playback, the sound changes to Piano or whatever. I also experienced this behavior when using the Wizard feature, where you play the notes/harmonies using the PC keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia

Hello Kelly,

This is a bug with the Thru harmony channels that will be fixed for the next patch (build 919 or higher, which should be available in a few days).
Hi Andrew,

Sounds good. Thanks for letting me know.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
How are you using the Midi Thru channel Kelly John?
What you do with it?

Cheers
Stefan
© PG Music Forums