PG Music Home
Posted By: Barry Woods Micro Chords And Motifs - 07/26/22 10:57 AM
Hi All,
I know there is a tutorial video covering micro chords and motifs,
but is there a demo song I can load to actually study this for myself.
Also is anyone having trouble using Audiophile version from a
Usb3 Hub.My drive seems to periodically go to sleep.

Cheers Barry
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Micro Chords And Motifs - 07/26/22 11:52 AM
Addressing part 2, one tweak every Windows user should do is go into System Settings and adjust the Power Options. You will find something for USB and you should disable the Selective Suspend. Make any other changes needed to keep power running to all devices when doing digital audio work.

Regarding BIAB, there is no difference running the Audiophile version from ‘regular’ versions on the supplied USB drive. In other words, the fix does not involve BIAB.
Posted By: Barry Woods Re: Micro Chords And Motifs - 07/26/22 08:01 PM
Matt,
Cheers will check this out.

Cheers Barry
Posted By: Uwe Schwarz Re: Micro Chords And Motifs - 07/28/22 03:12 AM
Hi Barry Woods,
you can use the device manager in windows to disable the powersaving option of the usb hub.
Posted By: Barry Woods Re: Micro Chords And Motifs - 08/18/22 04:14 PM
Thx All.

Problem solved.It was the hub I was using.Was struggling with too many drives connected.

Cheers Barry
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Micro Chords And Motifs - 08/18/22 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Barry Woods
Thx All.

Problem solved.It was the hub I was using.Was struggling with too many drives connected.

Cheers Barry

Thanks Barry for letting us know that the issue is sorted. You could open your original post and mark it as resolved (there's a button for that). This might assist others in the future who have a similar issue.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: Micro Chords And Motifs - 08/19/22 10:11 AM
Glad to hear you figured it out Barry! USB hubs are great for using multiple small devices, but for external hard drives it is common that hubs do not sufficiently supply enough power. So we generally recommend to plug in the external hard drives directly to a computer. Or if you have to use an adapter (more commonly for Mac computers), use one with a single connection just for the drive.
© PG Music Forums