PG Music Home
Posted By: Robert Coy Troubles with "Burn to Audio CD" - 07/30/22 04:02 PM
I've been using this function for several years to make accompaniment CDs with a single song. But recently, when the song has been rendered and miniburn is called I get this notice. Note: I just installed the latest version of BIAB.

Cannot burn.
There are no compatible CDR drives reported. Miniburn will now close.

Any solutions to suggest aside from buying a new CDR drive?

thanks for any input.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Troubles with "Burn to Audio CD" - 07/30/22 04:51 PM
Robert,

Did CD burner capability stop when you upgraded to 2022? If so that's strange because Windows has a driver built-in for CD burning capability. Windows can't burn DVDs but should be able to burn a CD. What brand of CD burner do you have? You might be able to visit the brand website and download a new driver or even a utility program that can test the CD burner. Also, have you tried burning an audio disc outside the Band-in-a-Box program?
Posted By: Robert Coy Re: Troubles with "Burn to Audio CD" - 07/30/22 05:41 PM
Thanks for the response, Jim. I have a HP burner HPDVDRW DU8A6SH which came with the computer. I checked on drivers and it said that the installed driver was the correct one. (I'll keep checking with your suggestions.

I seem to be having a little problem with Nero as well, so it may well be in the burner or driver. Thanks again for your Help and I'll keep checking.
© PG Music Forums