PG Music Home
Posted By: Leovigild cannot install update 923 - 09/01/22 04:03 AM
It used to be so easy to install BIAB updates, what's up with the new system?

When I try to install update 923, it stalls and I get a window with the options "retry," "ignore (not recommended)," and "abort."

When I click "retry," it gets up to a certain point then stalls again.

When I click "ignore (not recommended)," it looks like it installs completely, but then when I check "About BIAB" in Help, I'm still on version 914.

Couldn't find anything about this dilemma in search, so I'm asking here.

What's going on? https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/images/icons/default/frown.gif
Posted By: Leovigild Re: cannot install update 923 - 09/01/22 04:05 AM
Guess I couldn't get a frowny face emoticon either lol!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: cannot install update 923 - 09/01/22 02:04 PM
Hi,

You can install it manually. This is what I normally do. Just go to the site below and download #923. Once it's downloaded, just run the file to install it.

When you get to the part of the installation where the paths of the the various components of BIAB are, double-check that they are right for your system.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: cannot install update 923 - 09/01/22 02:17 PM
I do it manually, as Noel shows.

By "new system", do you mean the Download/Install Manager under the Help, Utilities menu? I've only used this once and it worked OK but that was months ago. If it's not working for you, I recommend you email support@pgmusic.com and tell them.
Posted By: Leovigild Re: cannot install update 923 - 09/01/22 03:53 PM
Will try those suggestions. Thanks!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: cannot install update 923 - 09/02/22 08:28 PM
Yes, downloading from the website's support page is a good work around. Make sure when you download from the website that you have Band-in-a-Box closed while installing the new patch, as it cannot install while the program is running.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: cannot install update 923 - 09/03/22 01:29 AM
Some malware prevention software can block an installation. You could try turning yours off before installation.
Posted By: Leovigild Re: cannot install update 923 - 09/03/22 05:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Yes, downloading from the website's support page is a good work around. Make sure when you download from the website that you have Band-in-a-Box closed while installing the new patch, as it cannot install while the program is running.

Hey, that worked!

The mistake I had made was first opening BIAB and clicking "Check for updates"

Even though the process indicated it would close BIAB before installing, apparently it did not fully close it. Or something.

Now I know how to do it! Many thanks.
© PG Music Forums