PG Music Home
Posted By: JBran Audio Quality - 09/10/22 05:31 PM
Audio Quality

What should I expect for audio output quality . I am running the current 2021 version. I have a new Lenovo Lap top med level. I connect the laptop to Stereo with sub via headphone jack. When I play an mp3 things sound great . So my system is set correctly

When I play Biab , I find audio quality to be very compressed and muffled . Particularly in the low end.

Is this what I should expect or is there settings that may help ?

Thanks
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Audio Quality - 09/10/22 05:53 PM
The quality of BIAB audio is normally quite good. You can read about the regular and audiophile differences in my first sticky in the Tips and Tricks forum.

I have to wonder about your audio settings. There are several in the Preferences menu under RealTracks and Audio. We may need to get into detail about what you have.

While this isn’t the answer to your question, I absolutely hate connecting audio by using the headphone mini-jack. Any USB audio interface., even those under $100, would be preferable. For anyone reading who says ‘audio is audio; if one works all programs will’, then BIAB has two master volume sliders and it’s difficult to get the correct line-level gain.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Audio Quality - 09/10/22 05:58 PM
You should expect that the audio files (RTs) played by BIAB from your laptop, should sound as good as any mp3 file you play from the laptop.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Audio Quality - 09/10/22 06:19 PM
I agree with Dan but the levels must be correct.
Posted By: JBran Re: Audio Quality - 09/11/22 08:13 PM
Thanks for your advice . I will investigate.
© PG Music Forums