PG Music Home
Just installed BIAB 2023 after using BIAB 2011 for many years. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the second clef in the lead sheet window. If I check 2 boxes for 2 clefs, that's what I get. If I check only treble clef (regardless of whether auto set clefs is checked or not) I get TWO treble clefs! I've seen older posts saying to do exactly what I've done although they were pre-2023, and I was always able on BIAB 2011 to get lead sheets and fake sheets with just a single clef. It's impossible to display an entire song when I'm taking up twice as much screen displaying an extra blank clef. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back.

I just experienced this, too. What Build number do you have? You see it on the splash screen, and you can see it in Help, About.
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back.

I just experienced this, too. What Build number do you have? You see it on the splash screen, and you can see it in Help, About.

Until this gets resolved, try Options menu, Return to Factory Settings, Most.
I have version 2023 (1001). Now here's something really weird. I closed out that song (without saving any changes), and opened another. Both are Christmas MGU files I've had for a long time. On the second song, the lead sheet displayed a single clef first time. Then, I went back to the FIRST song, and displayed the lead sheet again, and it displayed a single clef as well !! In options, single clef was checked but greyed out, and auto clefs was checked (something I had tried repeatedly before when it didn't work). Now I'm really confused. Don't know what was wrong, and don't know what fixed it. Just to be sure, I tried a third MGU, and it properly displayed a single clef as well. Go figure.
Hi Steve, not sure if that will make a difference, but try build 1004: https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/patch/bb2023_win_update_build1004.exe
Thanks, Mike. I'll update. Hope I don't break it again !
Steve, if you wouldn't mind reporting back to see if the issue is still there, that would be great.
It works for me (2023-1004) - I get just one staff in the lead sheet window, so I am wondering if you are using the "notation" tab to get the two staves (which it always does) or using the lead-sheet window (hit Alt+W or Window Tab-Lead Sheet Window)

If I want 2 staves I use the notation tab, and when I want just the one staff I hit Alt-W. If you are using Alt+W and still getting two staffs, that is strange.
© PG Music Forums