PG Music Home
Posted By: caplive Windows 8 - 01/07/13 07:56 PM
I had troubles with sync when I upgraded from PT8 to PT12 in another post. I was using an old computer with Windows ME. I thought it would be a good time to upgrade the computer. I got a new one with Windows 8, now I have new problems.

I have PowerTracks 12 with a Roland xv 2020 and a Roland drum machine. also a Midiman midisport 4 x 4. The midisport appears to be working (lights flashing), the drum machine works fine. The xv2020 does nothing when hooked up via usb. I think driver issue.

When I hook the 2020 up to the midisport (midi cable) it gets the midi (lights blinking on the 2020 module when sequence is playing) but no sound comes from the 2020. Any ideas? Thanks
Posted By: zokk Re: Windows 8 - 01/08/13 03:38 AM
I had a similar problem with my Roland xr ( couldn't get usb driver to work with windows 8 )
Got a 4x4 to handle midi. No sound, but midi lights on xr. Went into system and turned midi thru to off it worked for me.....
Posted By: caplive Re: Windows 8 - 01/08/13 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info zokk. I went into options then midi thru and unclicked enable, no luck
Posted By: rharv Re: Windows 8 - 01/09/13 12:40 AM
If the XV has lights flashing, it is receiving signal
Since it is hooked up via MIDI it has no idea what the OS is so that is a non-factor.

XV is turned down, has no patch assigned to the MIDI channels it is receiving, does not have Performance or GM Mode (whatever mode it has) turned on for multiple patch use, MIDI in is assigned to USB, or something else inside or after the XV2020 is the problem. If MIDI is getting to the XV2020 the OS and MIDI 4X4 have done their job.

Check connections from audio out of XV2020. Does it have a headphone out you can check?
Have you tried putting it in GM Mode?
Posted By: caplive Re: Windows 8 - 01/09/13 06:19 PM
Yea, the green midi light is flashing when in play when you hit stop the green midi light stops. I do have phones pluged in and the output going to the board. The XV is in GM mode. The Roland drum machine works.
Just for grins I hooked the midi cable up to an old Roland D10 (80s vintage) and it worked.
Remember, the XV works fine with PT8 and the old computer.
Posted By: Portugal Re: Windows 8 - 01/09/13 08:18 PM
- Take a look at page 95 of XV-2020 manual

- in USB DESCRIPTOR change to GEN (Generic)

This way you'll be able to use a simple usb cable, and the module will be recognized. Don't install the original driver because it won't work in Windows 7 and probably not in Windows 8. The XV-2020 Editor works well in Windows 7, and Linux.
The Generic driver mode applies to any module or keyboard with this option. It means if you change to a different Operative System, probably the original driver won't work but you can still use your equipment.

Hope it helped
Posted By: caplive Re: Windows 8 - 01/10/13 01:09 PM
Portugal, thanks for the info, I will try it tonnight.
Posted By: StivvvG Re: Windows 8 - 02/11/13 08:31 AM
The same problem
© PG Music Forums