PG Music Home
Posted By: Doug M Jukebox - 10/04/16 05:46 PM
I use PTPA to control midi setups in a live band. The only datain the midi tracks is the program and CC changes to set my various hardware devices up for each songs. I also have song lyrics and other notes in the Comments window. The Jukebox feature is exactly what I need to preprogram a set list. I use the "Stop Between Songs" feature so that I can control when the next song is loaded.

Here's the issue. When the first song "plays" (which takes all of about 2 seconds), the Jukebox then opens the next song before stopping By doing that, my lyrics for song I am about to perform are replaced with the lyrics for the next song, which is obviously, not very helpful.

Not sure if that is by design or a bug, but is there a way to make Jukebox not open the next song when "Stop Between Songs" is selected?
Posted By: rharv Re: Jukebox - 10/04/16 07:28 PM
I've not used Jukebox like this with only initial data being sent.
As a work-around:
I'd add a 100 measure muted click. This will allow time to pass and you can simply click stop (or use a pedal to stop) then advance to the next song.

When I've used PT for patch changes in live setting, there were often a few changes in a song, so to me it was important to have the song actually run from PT/RB.
The amount of added data or stress to the system would be minimal.
© PG Music Forums