PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike51 Not a valid bb install message - 04/28/18 03:07 AM
I've just opened my PTP program, which I haven't really used as of yet, as RealBand has snagged my attention. However, upon opening PowerTracks, I get the message that my "bb is not a valid installation."

Hmmm. My Band in a Box installation is on my Audiophile external hard drive from PG Music.

Yes, I re-entered the files where the required paths are located, BUT .... same message.

Anyone have experience with this? I could use some help. Thank you ahead of time. smile
Posted By: rharv Re: Not a valid bb install message - 04/28/18 09:29 AM
Have you authorized your BiaB installation on this machine?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Not a valid bb install message - 04/28/18 09:47 AM
I got the same message when I upgraded - I had an old version of BIAB before the upgraded when registration was not needed.

Advice from support was to ignore it as it didn't make a difference as long as PT can find your realdrums
Posted By: Mike51 Re: Not a valid bb install message - 04/28/18 09:17 PM
yes.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Not a valid bb install message - 04/30/18 11:02 PM
Hi Mike,

Which version of PowerTracks and Band-in-a-Box do you have?

I should point out that PowerTracks is the same program as RealBand but with less features, so unless your PowerTracks version is newer, you won't be missing anything by just using RealBand.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Not a valid bb install message - 10/30/18 06:30 PM
uhh, stupo me again: running 'as administrator' ???
Posted By: silvertones Re: Not a valid bb install message - 11/20/18 12:56 PM
I'm just encountered this.
Pt will play fine. I use RB to create songs and pt to play live. I just want to fix this.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Not a valid bb install message - 11/20/18 06:56 PM
Hi John,

Are you trying to point a 2017 PowerTracks installation to a folder containing Band-in-a-Box 2018? If so, it won't recognize it, sorry. 2017 PT will only recognize 2017 BIAB.

If you're just using PowerTracks to play songs that you created in RealBand, I'd recommend checking the "Don't show this dialog box again" checkbox, clicking OK, then answering Yes when asked if you want to exit the dialog. It shouldn't reappear after this, unless you reinstall or return to factory settings.

PowerTracks doesn't need to communicate with BIAB for what you're trying to do, so this shouldn't cause any issues.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: silvertones Re: Not a valid bb install message - 11/20/18 10:02 PM
Yep that's it.
Thanks
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Not a valid bb install message - 11/20/18 10:26 PM
You're very welcome!

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums