PG Music Home
Posted By: Ron Becker driver help please - 02/11/11 05:05 PM
In it's finite wisdom, my new pc laptop DL'd 32 bit drivers for the maudio fastrack pro. `Running biab 2011 and win7 home premium. Puter is a HP Pavilion. 2.1Ghz, 4 gig ram. There is a 64 bit version on the site. I DL'd it and thought it installed but poking around in the device manager or somewhere I noticed the 32 bit is the one in play. How can I rectify this? Add remove software? windows is not my first computer language so I'm fuzzy on procedures.

I'm getting some quiet artifacts in the audio using real tracks streaming from the tera drive. It's sounds more like static than actual digital distortion. I don't know if it the buffer settings in the asio area or the 32 bit drivers. The static sound is intermittent and below the level of the tracks but very audible. Thanks if you can help.

Ron
Posted By: rharv Re: driver help please - 02/13/11 10:40 PM
Go to control panel, system, device manager and remove the old drivers. Then re-install the new ones *after a reboot* and see if the drivers change.

Actual steps I'd take-
Create a system restore point
Go to control panel - system - device manager and remove drivers
Shut down and reboot
Install correct 64 bit drivers

I always hesitate to suggest removing drivers, but if you do it safely you should have the ability to restore.. or reinstall the original drivers
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: driver help please - 02/13/11 11:02 PM
Do you still get the 'static sound' when running the laptop on the battery only?
Posted By: Ron Becker Re: driver help please - 02/18/11 06:02 PM
I'll have to wait on that one Matt. Good thought tho. I sent the HP packing and am looking at the Toshibas. Waiting for Tiger to refund the money.

Ron
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: driver help please - 02/18/11 07:48 PM
I have used several Toshiba Satellite laptops over the last ten years. All were good. One netbook failed after 18 months but the rest are all still going.

I think it's either Dell or HP laptops that people had trouble with hum from the power supplies; several threads here about it.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: driver help please - 02/20/11 12:34 PM
I think you are supposed to unplug your m-audio box and replug it to be able to install the new drivers. I some times get a static spike using bb on my desktop too. I wondered what was doing it ,I am using an m-audio mobile-pre . Hardly ever notice it until I final mix and have made it louder . Have been lucky that is was in an area where no sound was . I had always assumed it was where bb had changed samples in between chords and needed to cross the center line of the wave but only came close. I have made some similar clicks when pasting samples that were done in haste . Maybe I should un-check fast loading of tracks ? I have used m-audio for years and never noticed any noises until I updated to 2011 and started using real tracks. Glitch Maybe ?
© PG Music Forums