PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr using notes window for lyrics - 08/20/11 01:07 PM
If you don't want to use the lyrics screen for whatever reason, you can also set up your screen window arrangement to place the NOTES window at the side so you can still see the scrolling chords, but have a reference for the lyrics too (thanks to Silvertones for that idea)

Also, since there is limited screen real estate(and since the NOTES window does not scroll) you can keep it small by entering only the first line of each verse. I think you'll find that once you start the verse right, the rest of the words will come (Thanks to BobCFlatpicker for that idea)

These ideas have been posted several times, but never in the HINTS forum. I'm just reposting other peoples' ideas to get them where they can be found more easily
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: using notes window for lyrics - 08/20/11 09:17 PM
Or you can look online for a program called Mirrorscript that is a teleprompter program. People like me who can not even remember lyrics they wrote themselves need something like this and I tried several before I settle on this one. I run it on the other monitor. I hate to admit that I can't remember lyrics anymore.....
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: using notes window for lyrics - 08/21/11 05:41 AM
I never could, it is like there is some sort of brain damage or something that block me remembering lyrics.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: using notes window for lyrics - 08/21/11 04:07 PM
Quote:

I never could, it is like there is some sort of brain damage or something that block me remembering lyrics.

yeah, me too. I must have inherited the anti-memory chromosome from my Mom

But I posted it for the sake of people who didn't grow up in the 70s and may still have brain cells left.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: using notes window for lyrics - 08/21/11 05:21 PM
Quote:

I must have inherited the anti-memory chromosome from my Mom

Isn't it funny how that chromosome caused only selective memory loss? 30 years later mom's seem to remember the EXACT day you lost your scarf or mittens.....

To you people out west, here in the Great Lakes region where I live, we have this thing called "cold", often accompanied by something called "snow", where we are forced to wear knitted woolen articles of clothing to capture body heat. Or die. The "scarf" and "mittens" of which I speak are 2 of those knitted woolen items....
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: using notes window for lyrics - 08/21/11 08:22 PM
Quote:

Isn't it funny how that chromosome caused only selective memory loss? 30 years later mom's seem to remember the EXACT day you lost your scarf or mittens.....

Maybe its not just a MOM thing... maybe its a female thing. I've noticed that my wife can't remember how to start the lawn mower or defrag the hard drive, but she remembers every mistake I've ever made. And my daughter is already assembling her collection of memories that call me back to a state of humility when she thinks I'm starting to gain a shred of dignity.

;-)
© PG Music Forums