PG Music Home
I'm using a Ketron SD2 (hard synth) with a sound module. When I render a biab song to .wav, the biab program/window locks up. I finally figured out why this happens. There are some popup windows that open when you click the ".WAV" button on the toolbar. After you click the re-render button, popup windows appear, but you can't see them because the are hiding behind the main biab window. You have to close each of the popup windows before you can do anything in the biab window...and it won't let you drag the biab window to access the popup windows either nor will it respond to the mouse/keyboard.

What I did to solve this is to make the biab main window smaller (but save your song first) and move it about halfway down the monitor BEFORE I click the .wav button. When the rendering is complete, close the "rendering complete" window first, then the "stop rendering" window, and then the "rendering" window. The biab window will unfreeze and you can then either go back to the pgm or exit. If you don't close the popup windows, you will get an access violation and/or you will have to hit cntl-alt-del and close BIAB with task manager. Actually, I hope no one else has this problem. I've had on 3 different computers.
Wrong forum. This is to share what you have found our about, or something you think is cool as far as the software is concerned. The regular Band in A Box forum is where this goes.

If that makes sense. Sort of like you found the recipe for biscuits that are the best. Not that you don't understand why they fall flat.
Actually, this seems correctly placed to me. Stan is giving the method he uses to avoid a crash while rendering.

There are a few things I don't understand, though. You can't render to .WAV using a hardware synth. Do you have DXi on, which doesn't use the hardware synth?

And this is partly a Wishlist post, isn't it? The request would be to be able to get focus on the BIAB window in this situation and move it, so you did not need the workaround of making the window smaller and lower?
Actually, I got the tip from PG Music Support since I didn't see the windows to close to avoid the crash. No, I don't have the DXi box checked and I use the ReRender Button which is at the bottom of the various choices.

I only posted this because I thought it might help someone else. Since there are no responses maybe I should not have posted it. I promise to more discerning in the future.

Stan
Glad you are all set. And I don't see how you could have done it any differently.
Well, at least it's consistent. I just rendered a song a few minutes ago and now I remember to reduce the screen size so I can access the 3 popup windows to close. It's not a big deal to do and I hope no one else has this problem.
© PG Music Forums