PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 The "wish list" forum.... - 11/22/11 03:57 AM
I wonder if we could get one of the extremely experienced and knowledgeable users of Real Band to peruse the wish list and see how many of the "wishes" are things that Real Band can do but the poster didn't know it. I bet I posted at least "3 wishes" only to find out later that it was just my ignorance of the software and it was a feature that was already in there.

Anybody up to it?
Posted By: Ryszard Re: The "wish list" forum.... - 11/22/11 08:22 AM
It wasn't ignorance on your part. RB really didn't do those things before. PG just read your mind and made it happen. They're that good!

Posted By: Pat Marr Re: The "wish list" forum.... - 11/22/11 11:41 AM
Quote:

It wasn't ignorance on your part. RB really didn't do those things before. PG just read your mind and made it happen. They're that good!

heheheh.
"and THAT is how the legend of Robin Hood began..."

Regarding Eddie's original post:
There's probably no need to do that because one a onesy basis, when somebody requests a feature that already exists, somebody will reply with a detailed explanation of how to do what the person wanted to do.

Often people post workarounds that aren't exactly the same feature, but which get similar results.

Most of us have done the same thing as you. It's part of the learning curve. It's also due to the challenges inherent to the task of making documentation. The person who makes the docs may not describe the feature the way you do, so you don't find what you're looking for in the table of contents and therefore you assume it doesn't exist.

Some of us are lobbying for a user-updatable online manual so ALL features are fully documented, and so they are referenced by more than one keyword (do you search for "PIANO ROLL EDITING" under P or E? In a user maintained document, eventually it would be hyperlinked to both keywords.

Posted By: carkins Re: The "wish list" forum.... - 11/22/11 12:30 PM
How about "Lazy Updates to the Manual"?
Good point made:
"The person who makes the docs may not describe the feature the way you do, so you don't find what you're looking for in the table of contents and therefore you assume it doesn't exist."

I'm sure someone at PG reads all the posts each day so maybe as questions are posed to things already in the manual but worded or "termed" differently they could just add this term to the table of contents in the manual.

Maybe even add links in the manual definitions to posted user solutions.

I've noticed most times a user solution will often include very useful info on other features and procedures in the programs.
Basically the users would be writing the manual.

The "Lazy Updates" could be posted regularly until the User manual covered all bases.
Or am I asking for trebles (as in "The Trouble With Trebles"?)
Just a thought.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: The "wish list" forum.... - 11/22/11 02:14 PM
This is why PG needs a wiki for their products and basically crowd-source the manual.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: The "wish list" forum.... - 11/24/11 11:41 AM
Have you seen Pwarren's Biab Wiki ?
Posted By: Sundance Re: The "wish list" forum.... - 11/27/11 05:43 AM
Quote:

Amazing ain't it... LOL!
Posted By: Craig Buhler Re: The "wish list" forum.... - 12/14/11 02:01 AM
Hey, great product! Been using it for 15 years. Just sold yet another student on BIAB.
Suggestion #1: In "Juke Box", it would be better to preview # of choruses (chorus #1 for melody & #2 for solo) rather than # of bars.
Suggestion #2 If i try to change a chord name to its enharmonic equivalent (G#m to Abm), it will not allow the change. Sometimes this is necessary to better reflect the key of the moment. It would be good if there were a way to force a chord to be called by its enharmonic equivalent.
© PG Music Forums