PG Music Home
Posted By: rstill48 Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 03/25/09 05:04 PM
I've been using RealBand with a Ketron SD2. All of the available Ketron instruments (including upper banks) appear when I right click on a track and choose an instruent. Once selected, it plays fine. However, it will not save. When I play the song again, the instrument chosen does not play. So, the only way I can add an instrument is to go the the event list editor and put in a control change and a program change. This is a pain. Anyone have a similar problem? By the way, with PT I can simply right click a track and add/change a Ketron instrument. Thanks folks.
Hello,

Are you sure there aren't any other Program Changes in the event list on that track?
Posted By: Mac Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 03/25/09 05:11 PM
Is this happening with a file that you yourself created or is it happening with an imported MIDI file?
Posted By: rstill48 Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 03/27/09 11:32 PM
Andrew,

No other program changes on the track.
Posted By: rstill48 Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 03/27/09 11:34 PM
Mac,

Seems to be on both....but definitely on an imported track.
Posted By: LynB Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 03/28/09 09:27 AM
Try copying the offending track and use the Data Filter to copy just the notes to exclude all else and paste to a separate track.

Lyn
Posted By: rstill48 Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 04/09/09 03:32 PM
Quote:

Is this happening with a file that you yourself created or is it happening with an imported MIDI file?

Mac, happening on an imported MIDI file, but after removing all the controller stuff with event list editor, it still happens. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Mac Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 04/09/09 03:38 PM
Can you webpublish the file and supply a link to it so we can take a look?

--Mac
Posted By: rstill48 Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 04/14/09 02:03 PM
Quote:

Can you webpublish the file and supply a link to it so we can take a look?

--Mac

Mac, let me try to find where I got it. Thanks.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 04/14/09 07:30 PM
If you still have the midi file just place it on 4shared.com, a free site, then let us know where it is. We can download it from that site and take a look.
If you don’t want to do that them send me a PM and I’ll PM back an address that you can send it to me and I'll post it.
Posted By: Mac Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 04/14/09 09:17 PM
Yeah, we should see the very file you have right now, not a new downloaded copy.
Posted By: rkl122 Re: Ketron SD2 and RealBand - Problem - 04/15/09 03:11 AM
Quote:

No other program changes on the track.

It's the channel that counts. You might try the midi monitor to absolutely rule out hidden program changes on the offending channel.

-Ron
© PG Music Forums