PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada Problems pulling BIAB stuff into RealBand - 10/02/17 12:41 AM
Hi

When I open my BIAB song in RealBand, It's putting in the original style loops (_RNB_Pop Style) and not my BIAB horns (on the strings track). It seems that it only opens Realtracks in original style and not any changes made to choice of Realtracks in BIAB. Thus I now have two loops of drums instead of my guitar and Horns Realtracks. That's a fairly major flaw in the import system, but manageable.

Edit

Fixed the RealDrums problem by turning on a checkbox in Options / Song Generation / RealDrums. Interestingly, the two Realtracks that I had selected in BIAB appear in RealBand under Generate / Generate Favourites (Realtracks). It's half-way there! smile When you regenerate the Realtracks it puts the originals back in unless you have options / Song Generation / Song can change style preferences turned off.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems pulling BIAB stuff into RealBand - 10/02/17 03:06 AM
Something is not working correctly.

Are you running Realband in Administrator Mode? I've found that it needs this for many of the functions to work properly.
I just changed the tempo and you can't undo it! Everything is now out of sync. So starting again. I love the features Realband adds, but it's almost too much trouble. I know it's partly the learning curve, but I'm not totally stupid. grin

Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems pulling BIAB stuff into RealBand - 10/02/17 05:18 AM
Can you upload the file to Dropbox and post a link here in the thread?

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to change a file's extension in the hope of having downloadable file. (The forum only permits the graphics.)

In the meantime, you might try returning Realband to its factory defaults. To do this...

...rename the REALBAND.INI file and RB.CFG file to something like REALBAND.INI.OLD and RB.CFG.OLD. This will effectively "delete" those files so that RB is forced to create new ones (thus the factory rest). If the problem is not solved by doing this, you can always delete the newly created files and then return the original files to their original names.
Hi Noel, Not sure if I have to copy anything else.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/coia9dcowh5hyvw/Gentle%20Jazz.MGU?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87lwro7sabey69d/Gentle%20Jazz.SEQ?dl=0

Sorry, I was using the web version of dropbox and didn't have that menu.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems pulling BIAB stuff into RealBand - 10/02/17 10:21 AM
If you right-click on the file in the Dropbox folder, an option in the right-click menu will be "Copy Dropbox Link". This is the one that needs to be copied and posted. (We'll get there eventually!)

Attached picture dropbox link.JPG
See previous and now edited link. I think it's fixed now. I tried to do it from the web version of dropbox and not the pc version. I put them in my public folder in dropbox.

I also created a melody midi file in BIAB using the melodist tool. Realband doesn't seem to see it.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems pulling BIAB stuff into RealBand - 10/02/17 07:08 PM
Thanks!

I've downloaded the files and played around with them and there is definitely something amiss. My initial feeling is that it's due to the fact that the parent style that was used had loops attached to the String and the Guitar tracks. These loops seemed to be a little bit pesky to remove!

At the moment, I don't have time to play around and to try to isolate the problem. What I've done instead is simply to solve it. The below MGU file has the instruments working ok (at least it did when I loaded it into Realband - see the graphic where all instruments and drum names are the same as the original MGU file you posted).

MGU FILE
https://www.dropbox.com/s/goixogzjmou6tfi/lambada%20-%20Gentle%20Jazz%20%28noel%205%29.MGU?dl=1

I've changed the name of the base style to one that does not contain loops. Because the song uses RTs and RD, the style is actually irrelevant. (It's the loaded Realtracks and Readldrums that determine everything.)

Also, there is definitely MIDI information on the Melody track. It is present from around bar 20 or so. The graphic below shows this.

Let us know how this goes.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture lambada - realband issue.JPG
Not sure what you are trying to do exactly, didn't read all the posts.
But here's a video I made for getting the same tracks from BB to RB:

Watch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltdqsiudd96lubp/BB_to_RB.mp4?dl=0
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltdqsiudd96lubp/BB_to_RB.mp4?dl=1
Click No Thanks Continue at bottom to skip Login

Attached picture BB_to_RB_1100.jpg
Hi

Thanks Noel. I noticed that a deleted loop had actually returned to BIAB, so the problem may be, as you say, in the style in BIAB. As for the melody, it was getting late, and I have some midi driver issues with RealBand, which would explain the lack of midi sound. Thanks so much for finding the melody, and it's in the right place. I'm finished with BIAB now, so will continue in RealBand and migrate over to Reaper next.

On a positive note, I'm really enjoying working with the Melodist utility and learning about editing midi in BIAB. I'm building on it to create a melody for the verse and chorus. I like how it is quite structured with repeating phrases eg 3x for the 1st 6 bars and then something that builds on that for the last 2 bars. Once created, I'm copying and pasting etc.

Neil
Hi Pipeline, I'll have a look at that tonight, but I think I'm doing things right. I always pick up tips from your material however!
I completely agree with Noel96 running RealBand as Administrator fixed the errors I was getting loading BIAB song files in windows 10. Just right click run as administrator only takes a second to try.
© PG Music Forums