PG Music Home
I get this error every time I open a Seq file for the first time. So I have to open it again.....but after I do and try to save it with the same file name I get another error message saying it couldn't save the file cause of some kind of TMP error in the folder I was trying to save it in.

AND it destroys the sound of the file and it's totally usless.

the only way it works is if I save the file with a different file name....so whats up with this?

I'm running RealBand on a USB Hard Drive and I told RealBand Audio page where I wanted my Temp files to be stored:

example: F:\Seq Files Horst\Temp

it doesn't store the there.....it stores them in F:\Seq Files Horst

This problem is driving me crazy and I need someone to help me fix this...
Posted By: rharv Re: RealBand 2020 [Untitled] Applaction Error - 01/16/20 08:47 PM
Are you running RB as an administrator?

I assume you used the Temp Audio Directory setting in Preferences to set the folder, right?
Does the folder exist?
Does your user have the necessary rights (permissions) to that folder?
Have your tried a different folder name, or using a path that does not contain spaces just to rule out some weird path issue?
Like Maybe create an F:\TempAudio folder and point it to there, see if anything changes.

Lastly, is this F: drive an internal hard drive?
Are you running RB as an administrator?...............YES but shouldn't have too....

I assume you used the Temp Audio Directory setting in Preferences to set the folder, right?.......YES
Does the folder exist?......YES

Does your user have the necessary rights (permissions) to that folder?.....YES.....I am the user

Have your tried a different folder name, or using a path that does not contain spaces just to rule out some weird path issue?.....Like I said I created my own folder called F:\Seq Files Horst\Temp

Like Maybe create an F:\TempAudio folder and point it to there, see if anything changes.....See above...already tried that....

Lastly, is this F: drive an internal hard drive?....No...the F Drive is the USB Hard Drive BIAB\RealBand 2020

What else you got?
I had this issue once.Saved the song with a new name. Never has happened again. 1st build at the time.
Posted By: rharv Re: RealBand 2020 [Untitled] Applaction Error - 01/17/20 08:32 PM
If you are using the USB external drive as a Temp directory I suspect that is the problem.

I don't think I've ever thought to do that. Not sure why you would ever want to use a USB drive for this purpose.
For one thing, when you record a track, the data gets written to the Temp Audio Directory. If this is a USB external drive it's going to be much slower than an internal drive 99% of the time.

Try changing your Temp Audio Directory to an internal drive.
See if that helps; I'm guessing it does.

If you're worried about space; it is indeed 'temporary' storage and RB cleans up after itself when you close out.
This is simply where any new audio chunks get stored during your session. You get that space back when you close.
Your specs imply you have a TB C; drive. Why not use that?

Quote:
What else you got?

I'm not here to challenge you, just trying to help.
I don't have to.
Originally Posted By: horsthartung
I'm running RealBand on a USB Hard Drive and I told RealBand Audio page where I wanted my Temp files to be stored:

example: F:\Seq Files Horst\Temp

it doesn't store the there.....it stores them in F:\Seq Files Horst

This problem is driving me crazy and I need someone to help me fix this...

Try changing the text to show a Full Path, by adding a trailing backslash, like this:

F:\Seq Files Horst\Temp\

That might make a difference. Worth a try.
I told you in the other post the usb drive is 3.0 you never answered if you have a usb 3.0 port
Quote:
I get this error every time I open a Seq file for the first time. So I have to open it again.....but after I do and try to save it with the same file name I get another error message saying it couldn't save the file cause of some kind of TMP error in the folder I was trying to save it in

1. Is this ONE specific .SEQ that this is happening with? Or is this ANY .SEQ that you open?

2. If it's ANY .SEQ, does the error happen when you load Listen.SEQ from the RealBand\Samples folder?

3. What is the exact text of the error message? Also, is a crash report generated when you OK the message box? Screenshot would be ideal. You can attach a screenshot to a forum post by clicking the File Manager link.
To answer silver tones usb 3.0 ports are usually blue
© PG Music Forums