PG Music Home
Posted By: DonDeeHippy Acessing Audio Inputs - 06/09/20 07:36 PM
Hi I've just gotten Realband 2020, I have a line 6 USB input and in the ASIO driver I have 4 inputs send 1-2 send3-4
I have checked the four inputs in Realband

When i go to a track though I can only access
ASIO 1 and 2 ..

I know it works on Reaper.
need to 2 tracks as 1-2 goes to guitar, 3-4 microphone or 1-2 clean...

I guess the question is does Realband support more than 2 inputs ?
Posted By: rharv Re: Acessing Audio Inputs - 06/09/20 07:50 PM
Yes, absolutely, I've done it with many many interfaces..

RB will use the first selected track for audio device input 1/2 and then use the next available track(s) for the rest of the selected inputs.
You don't need to specifically assign them to a track .. RB handles it by putting them on the next available tracks, which is convenient usually
If you have 4 selected inputs, RB gives you the four tracks (either 2 stereo L/R or 4 MONO)

You'll likely find that if the target (selected) track is a stereo track, RB will make a couple of stereo tracks .. but if it is a MONO track RB will create 4 new MONO tracks.
(you can pan these L/R if you need stereo, but sometimes 4 MONO tracks is desired)

If you decide you need to move them to different tracks, it is possible after-the-fact, but have you tried actually recording all four tracks and seeing how RB handles it?
My guess is they will appear without further input from you.

Posted By: DonDeeHippy Re: Acessing Audio Inputs - 06/10/20 03:09 AM
Thanks for you help, It worked.
First time though for some reason i was getting the possessed music from 1-2 in 3-4... got frustrated as you do. Finally turned it off and tried again now it works smile
Dirty and clean at the same time
© PG Music Forums