PG Music Home
Posted By: David Eugene Realband Won't Play MIDI Songs - 07/05/21 09:20 PM
After years of playing MIDI tunes through my UNO MIDI interface and a Ketron SD2 synth all the sudden today Realband does not start playing. I click on the green play arrow and the button does not change shades to show it is engaged and the cursor does not move. I even tried rerouting the MIDI song thru the Coyote soft synth and still the same problem. Does anybody here have a clue as to what is causing the problem?
Posted By: David Eugene Re: Realband Won't Play MIDI Songs - 07/05/21 09:43 PM
Well it finally started working after messing with it for an hour. It starting working again after I loaded an old MIDI song I never played before. I then loaded some of my standard songs that were not playing earlier and then they started playing. I have no idea what was causing the problem. I had restarted Realband and my computer several times and the problem was still there.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Realband Won't Play MIDI Songs - 08/01/21 01:27 AM
I've found that sometimes when the sound starts playing up, it's better to reboot the computer. This completely clears and resets the soundcard.
Posted By: jford Re: Realband Won't Play MIDI Songs - 08/16/21 02:30 PM
Which version of RealBand are you using? Have you made sure you have applied the latest patch for that version?
Posted By: rharv Re: Realband Won't Play MIDI Songs - 08/16/21 06:15 PM
The only thing I can think of that would cause this behavior is if Sync Source was set to external.
If that happens Start/Stop is triggered by the MIDI In, not the play button or start bar.

Sorry I couldn't pitch in earlier; lost power and phone connection was sketchy.
© PG Music Forums