PG Music Home
Posted By: rparker Creating a MIDI track/file based on audio? - 09/03/12 05:24 PM
This sounds a little strange, I admit, but here goes.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of functionality in our software packages that will take a single instrument audio file and create a MIDI file based on whit it thinks is going on?

My specific use for such functionality would be to take a real track bass audio file and make a MIDI file based on what it does. I would export the MIDI file for use in another application and expand, aim it towards specific VI basses, etc, etc. I do this already using real drums in RB. I simply convert an empty track to MIDI, right click -> Generate MIDI Track -> Drums, and I've got an instant drum MIDI track. I can't do this using the Bass option. It states that because there's no MIDI bass in the style, it could not be created. Makes sense to me.
Posted By: rharv Re: Creating a MIDI track/file based on audio? - 09/05/12 10:23 AM
Audio - Pitch to MIDI convertor (for current track)
Thanks, rharv. I gave that a spin. Not a perfect solution, but it gets me started.

In my inbox at lunchtime was a link to the latest release. In it was this. ", RealCharts for existing bass RealTracks". If I understand things correctly, this would allow me to the right click and "Select Whole Track -> Generate MIDI -> Bass" like I can with the drums? That might be worth the $150 right there.
© PG Music Forums