PG Music Home
Posted By: Colin Goss Wish - create short licks - 08/30/09 03:35 PM
It is often the case that a one bar lick or turnaround is needed to fill an "empty space". It would be great if one could create the instructions for realtracks to create that lick and add it to the sequence file.
Posted By: MartinB Re: Wish - create short licks - 08/30/09 04:56 PM
Not sure what exactly you are requesting. Are you asking for more RealTracks that are more geared towards short and one bar licks, or are you asking for the option to have RealTracks generating licks over one bar, say. This particular request may already be implemented -> if you select just one bar, say, a RealTrack is generated just over this selected region ...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Wish - create short licks - 08/31/09 07:14 AM
Colin,

I use single bars and parts of bars all the time in the generation of solos and rhythm - that's one of the advantages that RB has over BIAB. If you are after a melodic lick, and if I understand your request properly, it might be that you need to generate a soloist instrument rather than a rhythm instrument.

There are many matched pairs of solo/rhythm instruments - e.g. Jack Pearson playing distorted rock guitar as rhythm (#573) and soloist (#576). How I use these is to create a backing track using the rhythm version and then for the turnaround, I select the appropriate bar(s), right-click over the selected region, and choose to select and generate the appropriate soloist instrument: in RB, the generation will only happen in the selected region.

Noel
© PG Music Forums