PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud Consistent Error Message - 12/05/11 10:20 PM
Hi, I purchased BIAB and several Realtracks sets last month. Approximately 90% of the time when I quit BIAB I get a full screen error message containing many lines of data. I contacted support via chat and told them I had a screen capture of the message. I was told to send the message to support via email which I did over a week ago but I have not received an answer. I re-sent it Friday and have not heard from either email both of which I got confirmations of receipt. Interesting BIAB is working flawlessly for me but I can't help but worry that it might crash at a bad time.

Is this typical of support turnaround time? Should I just wait and not worry about it? Is it a common issue? Thanks for any advice for this noob.
Posted By: Guitartist Re: Consistent Error Message - 12/05/11 10:43 PM
I'm guessing that support is probably swamped at this particular time, seeing as how they just released BIAB 2012 for Windows.

Typically, though, support is very responsive and helpful so as long as you got receipt confirmations and BIAB is working normally other than the error message when quitting you might want to just hang on a couple more days if possible until things settle down a bit over there.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Consistent Error Message - 12/06/11 04:33 AM
Hi Mootsman,

It isn't a common issue, but you're not the only one that's had it. We can't duplicate it (a crash on exit), so don't know what circumstances are causing it. From the printout, it looks like it is issuing an error at an innocuous point, when it is saving a config file.

Is your Mac running on a single user, normal system with full privileges? Also what OS version?
Posted By: Rob - PG Music Re: Consistent Error Message - 12/07/11 09:40 PM
Hello,

Whenever you have the time, You can call me at 1-866-983-2474 ask for Rob.
I'll take a look remotely if you like or we can discuss some steps on the phone.

Thanks!
Posted By: pglabcomp Re: Consistent Error Message - 07/11/13 02:29 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Hi Mootsman,

It isn't a common issue, but you're not the only one that's had it. We can't duplicate it (a crash on exit), so don't know what circumstances are causing it. From the printout, it looks like it is issuing an error at an innocuous point, when it is saving a config file.

Is your Mac running on a single user, normal system with full privileges? Also what OS version?

Peter and Rob. We just experienced 3 consecutive crash on quits with the current BinB version. (Never happened before and used probably 4 days a week) Was this mystery ever solved?

6core Mac Pro, 24GB ram OSX 10.8.2
© PG Music Forums