PG Music Home
Posted By: Tonio BIAB 2016 custom install - 05/11/16 03:24 PM
downloaded yesterday yay ! laugh

Having a hard time for a custom install.

Trying to custom install: BIAB ( app) on OS main drive & all audio files - I assume its realtracks & drums - to another internal HD in my MAC Pro.

Appears the installer wants to install everything onto the other hard drive.

If I install BIAB on the OS main drive,then try to install the audio files onto another HD ( sample drive), it errors saying I need to have this directory- application/BIAB/drums ( for an example). That means I need to install BIAB (app) onto sample drive?

That would defeat the purpose. I don't have an issue with any other DAW app, VI's etc.

can I manually make a folder " application/BIAB " on the sample drive, then install the audio files?

What am I missing?

Also is realtracks , and drums the only files I need to separate?

Thanks

T
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: BIAB 2016 custom install - 05/11/16 03:46 PM
Hello Tonio,

One way to do it is just to install everything to your main drive - so everything will be in /Applications/Band-in-a-Box. Then, afterwards move the RealTracks and Drums subfolders (these contain the audio files) to wherever you want. It is just those two subfolders (RealTracks and Drums) that you need to move. The next time you run Band-in-a-Box, you will need to specify the custom location of your RealTracks and Drums folders in the settings windows.

(If you don't happen to have enough disk space on your main hard drive for the RealTracks you could do it the opposite way as described above.)

You *should* also be able to do it by selecting the custom location in the Installer just as I think you are doing. You choose the location of the RealTracks or Drums folder, it will create that folder. If it's not working for you though, then just do it as described above.

Posted By: Tonio Re: BIAB 2016 custom install - 05/12/16 04:28 PM
HI Andrew,

copying over the audio files did the trick, thank you .
© PG Music Forums