PG Music Home
Posted By: RenBart I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 04/24/20 02:28 PM
I can't understand why I can't enter this chord. In the list of chords recognized (2018) by BIAB the chord G7#9 is there, but when I try to insert it, nothing appears.
Another question: why if I write the chord on a word processor and then copy it I can't paste it into BIAB? Can't do it?
Posted By: jacko_karel Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 04/24/20 02:38 PM
Try G9+ it already contains everything you need, including a seventh interval
Posted By: RenBart Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 04/24/20 02:39 PM
I just found out that it's possible to insert it with the Chord Builder. So, can I just put it this way?
Posted By: RenBart Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 04/24/20 02:42 PM
Thank you Jacko for your reply ! I just found out that it's possible to insert it with the Chord Builder.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 04/24/20 03:31 PM
Can you enter any chord with a #, like G#? You should be able to use the keystroke combination on your keyboard that you would normally use to enter a #. One exception is that occasionally the desired symbol conflicts with a hotkey in Band-in-a-Box. For example "option+3 is a hot key (mutes bass track), and so on a French keyboard (and some other ones, not sure about Italian) you can just press 3 to enter a #.
Posted By: RenBart Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 04/25/20 12:53 PM
Yes, if I write the chord, for example G#9, (then G, then I enter # with the 3 key and after 9) everything works. If I want to write G7#9, here is what comes out: G739. My keyboard is in Italian. But even if I set the keyboard layout in the USA nothing changes.
Posted By: ptuner76 Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 04/29/20 12:54 AM
Bm/g
Posted By: RenBart Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 05/01/20 04:58 AM
The problem is inserting the sharps later. The same happens if I try to write C7#9 or A7#9 ! If you try to insert it from the keyboard you can't do it and the number 3 always comes. Has anyone tried ?
Posted By: Rocky 58 Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 05/01/20 02:10 PM
I just upgraded to BIAB 2020 so this may not be relevant, but I just tried entering G7#9 from my keyboard and it seems to be okay.
I typed G 7 [shift]3 9 and it accepted the chord

Posted By: RenBart Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 05/02/20 12:26 PM
Hi Rocky,
and thanks for your advice.
Unfortunately, my "extended keyboard" is in Italian and the combination of shift + 3 does not work!
If I change the layout from Italian to Usa, it only works if I use the 3 key above / between the W and E keys.
If I use the 3 key, of the numeric keypad (extended keyboard), it does not work even with the US layout.
Thanks for your help !
Renato
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 05/04/20 11:12 AM
I did some Googling, and it appears characters such as the at (@) sign and the hash (#) key are found in the lower right hand corner of the keyboard can be generated easily as follows (AltGr + @) or (AltGr + #).

Hopefully this helps, as I've never used any other keyboard myself besides the standard North American QWERTY one.
Posted By: RenBart Re: I can't enter the G7#9 chord - 05/05/20 01:01 PM
Hello Deryk and thank you. I know that combination (Alt + #) but it doesn't work in BIAB. If I use it with Text Edit it works perfectly.
Sorry, but "Gr" after Alt what does it mean?
© PG Music Forums