PG Music Home
Posted By: Airchair Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 12/31/09 04:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all have a happy new years. Hey I noticed something about realdrum tracks--at least the ones used in country. It seems the very first beat comes in with a crash symbol--doesn't that seem odd? When I play drums I never start with a crash cymbal--that's something you work up to. I can see a ride cymbal, or high hat. It doesn't sound right to me. Or is this something I'm doing incorrectly when I select the realdrum tracks? Just curious if anyone else has noticed that. Thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 12/31/09 09:41 PM
I have BIAB for PC and I've found that if I start playing a song by double-clicking on the bar, I sometime get a crash-cymbal-like sound as it starts. If I use the replay button, though (an arrow semi-circling clockwise), that does not happen.
Posted By: MartinB Re: Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 01/01/10 03:37 AM
Quote:

It seems the very first beat comes in with a crash symbol--doesn't that seem odd?

The Windows version allows deactivating 'First Bar of first chorus of song gets a drum cymbal crash' in the Arrangement Options.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 01/01/10 04:48 AM
I'm picking up an awful lot from you these last couple of days Martin. Learn something new every day.
Posted By: Airchair Re: Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 01/01/10 05:54 PM
Hi MArtin,

So once again the mac version is not up to date with the windows version? Is there any way to accomplish this in the mac version? And if I can make a suggestion--on your website you should tell everyone what the differences between the mac version and the windows version are--no where did I see these type of things brought up. Thanks Again
Posted By: manning1 Re: Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 01/03/10 02:06 PM
Airchair
i'm not on mac so i cant comment much.
but heres an idea for you.
most people will also be useing a regular daw as well as biab.
once you have the song roughed out in biab theres nothing to stop you bringing
the traks into for example logic or dp. or whatever daw you use on mac.
and editing the trak there.
eg copying a piece of the drum trak over to the beginning of the song
from another part of the trak.and/or editing in the mac daw to arrange
the trak just how you want it.
Posted By: Airchair Re: Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 01/03/10 03:14 PM
Hi MAnning,

Actually that's what I did. I imported that file into garageband and just dropped the volume for that first beat to nothing. With everything else starting on that note it's really not missed. Thanks for the input,
Roger
Posted By: Mac Re: Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 01/03/10 03:18 PM
Quote:

Hi MArtin,

So once again the mac version is not up to date with the windows version? Is there any way to accomplish this in the mac version? And if I can make a suggestion--on your website you should tell everyone what the differences between the mac version and the windows version are--no where did I see these type of things brought up. Thanks Again

Just a note to let you know that the misleading, "Team PG" label means nothing except that the poster has been around here helping folks and posting for a certain number of posts. It is automated, I think, just like the "journeyman" - "expert" etc. titles.

The only people who are directly employed by PGMusic who might have that "Team PG" after their forumname also will have something after it, such as " - Staff" or " - Sales" or "-Support" and usually also have the PGMusic identifier at the bottom.

The rest of us are just regular folks, customers who may have participated in beta testing, maybe not, but have certainoly participated in the spirit of these forums in attempting to help each other out with these fine music making programs.

The BiaB Mac version is very likely being caught up to the Windows version as much as can be done, while I'm typing this. I don't know why they let it languish for such a long period, but they did. And the consequence for that is what they must be going through right now. It can't be pretty...

--Mac
Posted By: MartinB Re: Curious Thing About Realdrum Tracks - 01/03/10 05:09 PM
Quote:

And if I can make a suggestion--on your website you should tell everyone what the differences between the mac version and the windows version are--no where did I see these type of things brought up.

This is a pretty regular and by all means very reasonable request. People are often under the impression, the *new* Mac version is very much up to snuff with the current Windows version, which is simply not the case. This sort of false impression leads likely more often than not to some frustration on the Mac user side. A whole lot of professional music related web sites provide side by side feature comparisons of their various versions - check out the sites of e.g. Sibelius or Finale. Something similar would provide much more transparency with respect to the differences of the Band-in-a-Box Windows and Mac versions.

With respect to the term Team PG -> Mac provided a thorough explanation.
© PG Music Forums