PG Music Home
Posted By: phil T. Bône where is Xtra style PAK 12 ? - 12/20/21 11:48 AM
hello, I just bought the Xtra style PAK 12, I installed it, I try to find it in the window where are displayed all the XTRA style PAK available (all the PAKs are there from 1 to 8, 9, 10 and 11 but the 12 does not appear I checked that the styles were present in the picker style, the ones I checked were there but why the PAK 12 does not appear with the others in the windows. I rebuilds and refreshes everything before posting.

Mac catalina on macbookpro intel.
thank you for your help.

Attached picture Xtra Styles PAK 12.jpg
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: where is Xtra style PAK 12 ? - 12/20/21 06:48 PM
Install the latest free update patch for Mac, which adds support for this new Add-on:

https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/mpatch/bb2021_mac_update_build515.pkg

Summary of changes for build 515: (Dec 9)

Fixed: Drag and drop render would fail to produce m4a files.
Fixed: Dragging files onto other applications might fail if using a localized version of Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: Possible crash when using Band Styles menu in Japanese version.
Fixed: "Disable RealTracks for this track" in RealTracks Picker did not enable the underlying MIDI in RealStyles.
Fixed: Imported MIDI from a corrupt file did not filter out corrupt MIDI events.
Fixed: RealDrums would become unfrozen when generating song, if on any track other than Drums.
Fixed: Hot-keys for muting tracks (Option 2-9) did not work.
Fixed: The song memo dialog did not have scroll bars.
Fixed: Generate Video dialog did not automatically select the Video RealTracks of the calling track context menu.
Added: Style data for Xtra Styles PAK 12
Posted By: phil T. Bône Re: where is Xtra style PAK 12 ? - 12/21/21 11:16 AM
thank you, but I sent an email to BIAB support 4 days ago regarding update 515.
Biab 2021 offered to install it, the installation started and at the end a window opens saying that it cannot be done and to connect BIAB support ???I wait now for the answer of the support!
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: where is Xtra style PAK 12 ? - 12/21/21 05:19 PM
Hello,

This is regarding the French update patch. There was a problem with the patch a few days ago that has since been resolved, however BIAB may have the previous file cached. You can download the patch directly from here:
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/languagesupport/bb2021_Mac_update_FR.pkg

Alternatively if you want to use the auto-update feature within BB, you should first close Band-in-a-Box and delete the patch file from: /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Data/Update/ . However, you don't need to do this if you download the patch directly from the link above.

Here is what you should do. First, close Band-in-a-Box, and then:
1. Install the 515 patch (see notes above)
2. Install Xtra Styles PAK 12 (just run the installer again).
3. Go into the Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Data folder, and delete the file XtrapaksINFOf.txt.
Notice the "f" at the end of the filename.
4. Duplicate the file XtrapaksINFO.txt (no f) and rename it XtraPAKsINFOf.txt.
5. Rebuild (fast) in the StylePicker. Now Xtra styles PAK 12 will appear in the filter.
Posted By: phil T. Bône Re: where is Xtra style PAK 12 ? - 12/30/21 01:07 PM
Thanks a lot Andrew, it works I did it, concerning the Xtra PAk 12, what do you think ?
an extra question, I plan to change my mac as I will take a M1 max proc.,does everything is OK for BIAB relative to the new proc. M1 and last mac system ?
Thanks
Phil
Originally Posted By: philty
Thanks a lot Andrew, it works I did it, concerning the Xtra PAk 12, what do you think ?
an extra question, I plan to change my mac as I will take a M1 max proc.,does everything is OK for BIAB relative to the new proc. M1 and last mac system ?
Thanks
Phil

If you get errors while trying to install anything on Mac, usually this helps: Quit/close all programs running in the background before opening the installer. You can check that everything is closed if you click the Apple icon and go to Force Quit, then force quit all programs that are open.

Then please move the installer file to your desktop. Then hold the Control key and click the file to launch the installer, when the message appears, click continue (or "open" on some Macs). Please be careful that you are holding the Control key and NOT the CMD key.

As for the new Mac OS, the 2021 version of Band-in-a-Box is not yet officially supported on Mac OS Monterey. We are still testing it and so far it has been going well. Here are the current requirements for Band-in-a-Box 2021 on Mac computers. We will update the webpage once Monterey becomes officially compatible: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.requirements.htm
Posted By: phil T. Bône Re: where is Xtra style PAK 12 ? - 01/09/22 12:31 PM
Okay, the Xtra PAK 12 is available Now, I find the way to solve this !
anyway, what's going on new mac with M 1 processors and also with Monterey system, I just order a new 14" M1 max and I would like to know how BIAB works on this new standard.
Thanks a lot and a great year to all Biabers !
© PG Music Forums