PG Music Home
My first recording using some 60bpm RealTracks. Great fun soloing with and comping behind such a great sounding rhythm section as well as the super tenor.

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=135146

Greetings from San Francisco.

George
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: REAL SLOW JAZZ: All the Things You Are - 02/28/10 07:43 PM
Very nice George.

Do you play music professionally?
George,
I don't see a reason for not putting a CD together. Your playing and arranging is of such a quality that people would buy it, as background jazz. No one would even think twice about the instruments, since they are blended so well, at least to my ears. I listened to it through both a nice Sony stereo receiver driving the larger Radio Shack/Optima/RCA Minimus speaker systems and a subwoofer, and then I listened to it again through my studio setup, and in both instances, it sounded very good to me. There is a very much 'live' feeling about your music. I could listen to this for much of the day.

Will it win you a Grammy? No, probably not, but for those of us who appreciate the Standards and The Great American Songbook, this is just pure gold.

Gary
George,

You do a great job with the Real Tracks. I also enjoyed this very much, tastie mix

Trax
Posted By: GDaddy Re: REAL SLOW JAZZ: All the Things You Are - 03/02/10 12:34 AM
Haven't heard a rendition of this, one of my favs, since the mid-fifties...think it was Earl Bostick!

Hey, I'd buy your Albums anytime. My kind of vibe!!

Recording has a lot of "up front" presence....compressed to my satisfaction, at least. Wonderful!!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: REAL SLOW JAZZ: All the Things You Are - 03/02/10 01:15 AM
Very enjoyable!
George... once again, OUTSTANDING! Thank you for sharing these with us.

Dick
My kind of music George. More please.
Posted By: MarioD Re: REAL SLOW JAZZ: All the Things You Are - 03/02/10 02:52 PM
Now that’s music!

Great job.
George. I liked it too. Nice and easy on the ears. About the only thing I woud do is bring up the piano where the sax stops playing. It's too far back in the mix. Other than that it's great.
Really nice George! I agree with Russ about your piano though. Joe G.
Posted By: RickeG Re: REAL SLOW JAZZ: All the Things You Are - 03/03/10 08:07 PM
Hey George,

I could listen to that style all day! This arrangement is one of the sweetest ones I have heard.

Great job!
RickeG
When I tried to listen to your link, it's trying to install an add-on. Just thought I'd let you know.
© PG Music Forums