PG Music Home
Posted By: raymb1 i Pad - 02/25/11 07:14 PM
I asked this question last year but never really had it answered. Can the i pad function as one large fake book? I want to have almost 4000 lead sheets in one file and be able to scroll to any chart alphabetically in seconds. I have that now on my Music Pad, but it's a few years old and too large. Thanks, Ray
Posted By: John Conley Re: i Pad - 02/25/11 08:16 PM
I have an Android version. 16GB little card goes in. If you name your albums by alphabet, that is the A songs in a folder, you will get them displayed as a group. With my eLocity device my pics are displayed by date the folder was created. I have 3 leadsheets in one folder and they are fine. I'd suggest a 10 inch device in this case.

I spent less that 300 bucks on the thing. Works fine on wi-fi.

I can't wait for spring. My piano is 25 cents flat. It is going to come back as soon as the snow melts and the humidity returns. Most of the way. At 25 cents flat it just sounds bad.

Given how cheap they are I'd be inclined to get a little memory card like the one that goes into the device, put a bunch of songs on the memory card and take it to the store, ask them to stick it in and see what you think.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: i Pad - 02/26/11 03:43 PM
Thanks John. Lots of tablets out there to choose from. Later, Ray
Posted By: GDaddy Re: i Pad - 02/26/11 05:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUM2nJliVc&feature=watch_response

My 50 Gig 4th Gen IPOD-touch...has many realbooks...or let's say all the MAIN ones...along with the MP3's
from many of the leaders of jazz, jazz vocal, blah, blah. Also, MOST OF THE BIAB STYLES, REAL INTRUMENTS AND REAL TRACKS.

All the goodies in IREAL book are there for you to get with trio backing...and probably you can arrange playlist to your hearts content, and have, as Online RealBooks.com, the ability to reach for the tunes in any key.

My 50 Gigs on a little "shirt pocket size gizmo" set me up for any kind of gig in any sequence I want. Also I've a collection of Latin Recordings that I use, too...stashed somewhere within that "40 of the 50 available Gigs" and this "music-in-the-hand-library" includes 82 apps from the app store at Apple, AND, OF COURSE, the BIAB iRemote!!

I'll tell you that Apple audio reproduction with even the Pad or Pod hardware... thru a good set of stage speakers/amps/mixer(s) is astounding!! There are, of course, an ever-increasing aray of music-related apps from the APPLE app store, such as vocal correction, moog and many other synths and special effects.

Strap that little IPOD touch to your....

https://www.youtube.com/gracepotterofficial
Posted By: lkmuller Re: i Pad - 02/26/11 06:07 PM
Ray - yes. Not only can you have all your charts on it you can store and play all of your tracks. There are guys gigging here that show up to the gig with their ipads, and the leader bluetooths the charts to the players. And that's just a fraction of what you can do with it. Pretty cool stuff. iPad 2 being announced on March 2.
Posted By: Putt Re: i Pad - 03/02/11 05:08 PM
It seems as if everyone is getting the Ipad. It's expensive and the
screen is a bit small.
You have an Elocity android for less then $300. Now, that is about right
for me. Do you have a tablet preference?
Also, there doesn't seem to be a tablet much larger han 10" available. Do you
know of any available? When I read music, I would like
to have the largest screen available. Just ordinary 8 1/2 by 11
would be fine. I'm getting old and my eye sight is not as good
as it used to be.
© PG Music Forums