PG Music Home
Posted By: silvertones Song Posting - 01/23/09 10:49 PM
I've got access to DSL for a month. We're can I sign up free so that I can post a tune here?
Posted By: allis Re: Song Posting - 01/23/09 11:02 PM
Hi, Silvertones.

BOX.NET has been useful for me. Adequate free service, as well as higher paid levels if you need more space. They have a streaming player for music files, so people don't have to wait to download the whole thing. They don't delete your files if you fail to log in for a month.

Maximum file size for freeloaders is 10 megs, and you have to ask for a cryptic URL to use for your file when you want to post something. Those restrictions don't bother me.
Posted By: retake Re: Song Posting - 01/24/09 01:03 AM
Silvertones,

Soundclick.com seems to be a good site.
Steve
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Song Posting - 01/24/09 03:41 AM
also motagator.net they will give you 20meg free and set up your music site with a storefront so you can sell your cds.
take a look at mine below.
hth
don
Posted By: silvertones Re: Song Posting - 01/24/09 03:58 PM
I need a place were I can post cover tunes just for fun. I don't write my own stuff.
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Song Posting - 01/24/09 04:47 PM
Soundclick has a "cover tunes" section and (I think) they take care of the legal/royalty issues. If you are going to post cover tunes, pick a site that is set up for that type of thing.

Kevin
Posted By: silvertones Re: Song Posting - 01/24/09 07:15 PM
Everyone wants royalties. Ain't gonna do that just to fool around with the programs.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Song Posting - 01/24/09 07:39 PM
Quote:

I need a place were I can post cover tunes just for fun. I don't write my own stuff.

You want to go to Kara-Moon.com. It is a totally free site.

They have a forum section for PGMusicians where you can post your songs. They are also another great bunch of people, many of which are from here.

Good luck.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Song Posting - 01/24/09 08:32 PM
Gotta watch regularly posting cover tunes. I seem to recall there is a time limit of how much of a cover tune you can post without legally owing royalties.
Posted By: JEP Re: Song Posting - 01/24/09 09:27 PM
myspace.com is quite alright for posting songs and networking for free, but cover songs are not allowed. That's for a reason, of course. I'd be surprised if this were no big deal on other sites.

- Jepster
© PG Music Forums